Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Need Some Talking Down....  (Read 116 times)

Offline lawkcrabb

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Need Some Talking Down....
« on: December 29, 2013, 08:26:16 PM »
It has been a long time since I have been on here...I can usually judge how my anxiety is with how often I visit this site.  If I am here a lot then I know my anxiety is high.  So, I have been doing pretty good.  Until, yesterday...
Yesterday morning I drove 4 1/2 hours to visit my dad (with my husband and children).  When we got there we were greeted by 20 something family members, which raised my anxiety, but it wasn't until everyone left that I really noticed it.  I felt okay, my heart was pounding (over 100bpm - usually in the 60s) and I felt jittery.  I took an ativan, drink some hot tea and tried to relax.  I was able to got to sleep pretty easily.  So we spent the night and then today at noon we took the drive home.  I always tense up when I am driving, so I had a pretty firm grip on the wheel, it was rainy, lots of traffic.  Anyway, got home...my heart rate is up (90ish)...I have aches and pains in my upper back, I can feel it stretch when I reach my arms up or bend my head down.  I KNOW, deep down inside, it is anxiety and the pains are from tensing my muscles for over 4 hours...but in the back of my mind (ok, front) I keep thinking that I am having a heart attack.  Help talk some sense into me...please.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Gomubukai

• Rec's: 5
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Need Some Talking Down....
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2013, 10:37:07 PM »
It absolutely sounds like anxiety. :)

We anxious folk seem to keep ourselves more tense than the average person anyway - so when we are stuck in a tense situation for a while it seems to become even worse.

Eg. Your legs, arms and probably back would all be tense from sitting in a rigid position for hat amount of time anyway. Add into that that you would have already been feeling tense and it would increase x10.

:)
Bookmark and Share

Offline lawkcrabb

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2013, 10:40:15 PM »
Thanks for the response...sometimes we just need to hear it from someone else ;)
I have been vegging on the couch and my pulse has come way down, I am feeling better.
Bookmark and Share

Offline loveya14

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2013, 10:43:55 PM »
Glad your feeling better , same here if I'm on this board it means I'm anxiouse  :laugh3:
Bookmark and Share

Tags: