Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Husband Wants to Join the Army  (Read 119 times)

Offline sgreens1

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Husband Wants to Join the Army
« on: December 29, 2013, 06:04:38 PM »
Hey guys...

So my husband has always wanted to join the army, and he has put it off because of my severe anxiety/worry. I am currently going through the worst panic/anxiety issues of my life; I have barely been able to leave my bed for a week. I have constant panic and worry and I think a lot of it is just me worrying about my husband even though he's fine. I am planning on starting intensive outpatient therapy this week or next week, and will talk to my therapist about it, but does anybody know how to deal with this? How will I deal with him being gone for basic, and even worse, if he ends up getting deployed to the middle east and is gone for a year at a time? I don't see how somebody like me, who worries constantly, will ever be able to deal with my husband leaving for the Army. I don't want him to miss out on his dreams, any advice?
Bookmark and Share

Offline MobileChucko

• Try? Try not! There is no try...
  • Global Moderator
  • Rec's: 16
  • Mood: Curious
    Curious
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Husband Wants to Join the Army
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2013, 08:55:15 PM »
Hi SG...

To me, regardless as to whether your husband joins and service or not, the best thing that you can do is to work on yourself, to get better.  I am glad to hear that you are planning on starting therapy in the next week or two.  Consider all the tools that you can utilize, both on your own, and with the help of professionals in the field.  On your own there is mindfulness, meditation, exercise, socialization, hydration/diet, to name a few.  Have you considered seeing a psychiatrist?  They can provide you with a diagnosis and you will be able to consider medication.  You are already making plans to see a therapist.  Make certain that you follow through with that.  By you taking the time to work on yourself, now, you will be ready for whatever the future holds.

The very best to you, SG!...  Chuck
Bookmark and Share