Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Obsessing on body, what is this?  (Read 101 times)

Offline neliss32

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Obsessing on body, what is this?
« on: December 29, 2013, 02:11:07 PM »
 I lost the  end didget of my middle finger when I was a child.  never ever was self conscious of it.  But just recently I started noticing it, then would pay attention to it when using my hands in public.  Like taking or giving change.  makes taking change awkward.  I did this with plantar fasciitis in my feet,  and started jumping to conclusions before really thought it out.  Went on for long time.  Starts effecting how you walk.     I pulled my groin while working out, and made me limp for a long long time.  When I would forget about it, I would be ok.  Discovered recently to do visualizations on how to walk normally.   But good luck with forcing it out of my mind.    Hope visualizations help me.     I see a therapist for being obsessive in life,  but this has never been a topic till last time.    She talked about using something to distact your self, or trying to understand your ok or within whats normal.  I do take sertraline. This like rules my life.     

Funny thing is, I broke my toe, wore a boot for a while and then that was the end of it.  That was definitive.

Anyone dealing with something like this.  Like their knee if it goes out, or ankle, or nose or hips. If you cant get a specific diagnosis,  but there is something going on,  you go nuts on it. 

Bookmark and Share

Tags: