Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Should I be worried? Please help  (Read 152 times)

Offline sgr15

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Should I be worried? Please help
« on: December 29, 2013, 08:55:15 AM »
A couple days ago I had two scratches about 2 cm long close to my eye. I have no idea where they came from. We do have a cat and a dog but don't think they would scratch me. I don't think it was bleeding but it was a little swollen. It actually went away about 10 hours later. I'm worried about a bat getting in the house, scratching me overnight, giving me rabies and escaping without anyone noticing. One side of me knows I'm overreacting but there's another side that keeps thinking any things possible. Thanks for reading.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 152
    • Poke This Member
Re: Should I be worried? Please help
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2013, 05:50:32 AM »
Think you have more chance of winning the lottery than a bat getting into your house and then scratching you. Just couldn't see it happening. Get into the house would be hard enough. Then scratching you as well. Even harder. I have woke up with scratches at times. I have no dogs or cats. Always lost as to how they happen. Do I do it as I sleep? Be rubbing my eyes by rub too hard and leave marks. It is possible. Just keep an eye on it. If it gets any worse visit a doctor. I doubt it will. If anything it will get better and we may never solve the mystery.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline doogle2

• Rec's: 4
  • AKA doogle
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2013, 06:21:17 AM »
This is actually is very good indication of where your anxiety and from where a lot of other peoples anxiety stems from.

A FERTILE IMAGINATION

You see our minds, and especially the mind of an anxiety sufferer are very good at imagining "stuff" and the trouble is we actually believe what it is we imagine and so we worry, worry, worry as a result.

It's nothing to get concerned about, we all do it, but once you've done it for years (like I have) then you begin to realise that the mind actually doesn't know that much and what it INITIALLY dreams up as the answer/solution is very rarely accurate and so further and more logical and reasonable investigations are usually required (especially when the mind is anxious) if we wish to get to the actual truth of the matter.     

So in answer to your question: Should I be worried - NO you shouldn't, as a bat being the cause is extremely unlikely, especially one that has rabies, but you should just be aware, aware of the FACT that your mind, and especially a worried anxious mind, is capable of making up extremely tenuous links in order to come up with possible solutions/answers to our problems and the right course of action is to not believe everything it has to say without question, but to put the answer/solution under the further scrutiny of reason, logic, probability, etc. to see how well it stands up.

Hope it helped  :action-smiley-065:
Bookmark and Share
The human mind is inspired enough when it comes to inventing horrors; it is when it tries to invent a Heaven that it shows itself cloddish ~ Evelyn Waugh

Offline sgr15

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2013, 07:48:23 AM »
Thanks guys im feeling more relaxed because of your answers. Very much appreciated.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: