Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Have you ever had this problem, I seem to be freaking myself out  (Read 357 times)

Offline MMMA3410

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Have you ever had this problem, I seem to be freaking myself out
« on: December 29, 2013, 08:40:44 AM »
Okay, so I have these irrational fears that have been essentially ruling my life. I am terrified that I may be developing schizophrenia or something of that sort. It seems like lately I have been talking to myself constantly in my head. I get so stuck up there. I am constantly questioning myself, going over things, having conversations with myself about future situations or past ones. Also, when I read I say the words back to myself in my head. I just am having a really hard time getting out of my head. Is this normal? I am terrified that I am actually hearing voices. I think whatever I am saying to myself, I am almost positive, so that means they aren't voices right? I guess I am just paranoid of my irrational fear coming true or that if they are not true voices that one day they will randomly change to it since I am worrying constantly. People say those who hear voices do not initially know they are hearing them so that is why I am asking. All my life I thought this was normal and what if it isn't? Any advice, stories, etc. would be much appreciated!
Bookmark and Share

Offline kathmjon

• Mood: Indescribable
    Indescribable
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Have you ever had this problem, I seem to be freaking myself out
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2013, 09:21:51 AM »
I spend alot of time in my head too and i actual visualize words in my head.  It sounds like anxiety and intrusive thoughts.  I always thought with schitzophenia that the person doesnt realise there is a problem.  I feel like I want to stop my thoughts and get horrible images.  Ive been told it intrusive thoughts.  Hope this has helped x
Bookmark and Share

Offline LouiseThomy

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2013, 06:49:52 AM »
Hey, I've been talking to myself all my life (I'm 18) I used to have this worry and nowadays I still talk to myself in my head and sometimes even out loud!
It's a good thing, because if anything it's good to talk to yourself, making decisions etc...
I use it to calm myself down a lot, I do have the hearing voices thing and it worried me once until I spoke to many people when I was at school and everyone said they talked to themselves as well.
You're worrying about it because you've noticed it, but it's really nothing at all.
Sometimes we do it because we're worried, bored or even lonely.

Definitely nothing to worry about!

Keep smiling! :-) :bigsmile:
Bookmark and Share

Offline Mishpaz

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2013, 08:24:49 AM »
I talk to myself all the time mostly inside my head but sometimes out loud too. I think if you had schizophrenia you would not be aware of it. The fact that you are questioning it means you don't have it. I would be cautious though about the amount of time you spend talking to yourself and what it is your focusing on. If it is a nagging problem and you keep going over it, it could cause you more anxiety in the long run. Also I don't think it's that good to spend to much time inside oneself. Maybe put a limit on it. Try to find an activity to do to stop from being so inside yourself for a time.
Bookmark and Share

Offline LostKeys

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2013, 06:19:49 PM »
First off id like to say that my grandma always says "if you ask yourself if you are crazy, you are not crazy".
I do this all of the time and it does not help anything i hate it and truly understand what you are going through.
i wish i had advice but this is something i struggle with everyday also, so just know someone else is there going
though it aswell! i hope you get better.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Jasmine84

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2014, 01:12:29 PM »
I had the exact same problem.I'm always talking to myself in my head.I even imagine conversations with people and they responding to me in my head too.I feel like I just basically live in my head these days, like I'm not connected to the outside world, I barely even talk out loud anymore it's like I can't deal with reality I'm so confused.I often think that maybe it's not really me talking and it's voices.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: