Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Thyroid problems  (Read 216 times)

Offline hayter

• Rec's: 0
    • Poke This Member
Thyroid problems
« on: December 29, 2013, 05:47:07 AM »
I haven't been here for a while and my HA has been at the back of mind for a good couple of years.

But it seems to be returning - I heard a terrible story about someone having a heart attack at my local gym. I haven't been for about 6 months and in that time I have put a bit of weight on and was looking to go back in Jan.

I thought I would get go to the docs to check I was ok to go back and whilst I was there I mentioned to her I was feeling very tired. She told me to come back in 6 weeks if I'm not better due to having a very stressful time at home ( going through IVF) and giving up smoking and drinking and she would check my thyroid etc

That was fine till about Wednesday where my heart was feeling funny it was beating irregular and skipping bests, I also felt really on edge and in that fight or flight mode though I was not panicking. As those symptoms hadn't disappeared I went to the walk in clinic yesterday. He checked my heart and reassured me everything is fine though he did notice a heart murmur which I'm sure has been picked up and checked before. He also checked my thyroid and couldn't find no lumps and sent me on my way.

Now I never new where my thyroid was before and it wasn't until I got home and was thinking about it all - about 3 - 4 weeks ago I had trouble swallowing I would go through the motion but it would kind of stop halfway through and I'd have to fight to complete the motion! This happened quite a lot for 2 weeks but got better as time went on . It now happens for a little bit every other day! Now iv put this together and googled and I'm now convinced I have thyroid cancer! I'm literally counting down the hours till I can go back to my regular gp!
Bookmark and Share

Offline hayter

• Poke This Member
Re: Thyroid problems
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2013, 08:36:17 AM »
Does anyone have any experience with HA and thyroid cancer?

I can't stop thinking about this and today/tonight us going to be a long one!

Bookmark and Share

Offline sky3942

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2013, 08:57:31 AM »
I have hypothyroid and did the same thing. It wasn't bad I just was scared to death. I stopped taking the meds for a while. But finally realized that most people have it but are never checked for it. Its really quite common. So I take my synthroid daily and I feel so much better. No side effects take 50mg and checked vitamin D which my doc told me that if she checked everyone who came into her office that 99.9% would be low. So don't worry it just accepting the dx.
Bookmark and Share

Offline hayter

• Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2013, 09:25:25 AM »
Well that's the problem......... I haven't had a diagnosis yet. I didn't tell the doctor about the swallowing issues I have been having as I didn't think they were important. The only thing I can take comfort In is he checked the thyroid and said it felt ok.

I'm scared the swallowing issues is caused  by thyroid cancer! Which would explain my tiredness and heart issues during the week!

On the other hand I could just be stressed, heart issues could be brought on by ha because of the heart attack story I heard and the swallowing could also be HA!

That in my option is the hardest thing with HA- trying to figure out what is real symptoms and what are HA!
Bookmark and Share

Offline loveya14

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2013, 09:57:51 AM »
Did they do a blood test ? My friend has it almost every women in her family does ( hypo thyroid ) and it doesn't bother her in the least takes her pull every morning and thats it ! She did have many obviouse symptoms before she was diagnosed so I think if u were having a thyroid issue u would have lots of symptoms .
Bookmark and Share

Offline sky3942

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2013, 10:04:05 AM »
I did have some trouble swallowing and sometimes pain. No nodules just hypo. No other symptoms
Bookmark and Share

Offline hayter

• Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2013, 10:17:16 AM »
Nah no blood tests as it was a walk in centre. Need to go to my go which I will making an appointment first thing tomorrow morning!

I can deal with hypo or under active thyroid it's the bad thing I'm scared of. Thinking rationally I know if it was I'm sure when the doc checked it he would of found a lump which he did not. But that doesn't stop me obsessing about the worst case scenario!

When ever I'm ill I think I have the worst possible outcome
Bookmark and Share

Offline hayter

• Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2013, 12:40:08 PM »
Anyone else who has had a thyroid cancer scare?
Bookmark and Share

Online potternut

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Sleepy
    Sleepy
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2013, 03:53:38 PM »
Goiters are common - and benign - with thyroid issues.   I have a small goiter and I feel like it gets in the way of my swallowing a bit.  Whenever I go to a new doctor they ALWAYS tell me that my thyroid is enlarged, even though I take 88mcg of levothyroxine daily and vitamin d.  It's just the way my body works, I guess.

Bookmark and Share
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Offline hayter

• Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2013, 04:00:45 PM »
When mine was checked yesterday he said it was normal - so do you think that would rule out anything bad?

I was under the impression there could still be nodules lurking around
Bookmark and Share

Online potternut

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Sleepy
    Sleepy
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2013, 04:49:04 PM »
My mom has nodules on her thyroid, to the point that the doctor was alarmed.  My mom, who does not have HA, was not worried at all but she went through with all of the testing.  Completely normal.  We both just have big, lumpy thyroids - no cancer at all.

You sound perfectly fine to me!   :yes:
Bookmark and Share
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Offline loveya14

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2013, 10:41:39 PM »
When I went through this scare the dr told me almost every person who walks through the door would more then likely have some type of nodule on their thyroid . I had 2 little ones and had them biopsyed and they were nothing bad . By the way anything that is ever wrong with me I ALWAYS see the worst possiable outcome !
Bookmark and Share

Tags: