Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: I'm back- still having a fast heart rate... NOW do I go to ER?  (Read 236 times)

Offline soccerash21

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
I'm back- still having a fast heart rate... NOW do I go to ER?
« on: December 29, 2013, 12:48:25 AM »
I posted earlier about having a fast heart rate.

Well, it's like 7 hours later and it hasn't slowed down at all. It is around 100 or sometimes a little bit over.

I have had a fever no higher then 99.6 so far, but it has been on and off. I have some weird stomach cramps it feels like, but no throwing up or bathroom problems yet. I feel like I have the flu or something, but I am worried about my temperature because my normal temp is usually 98.6, and I'm really worried about my heart rate not going down for 7 hours. I have the chills too and I just feel blah and out of it.

Should I go to the ER? Idk if maybe I'm dehydrated? But I googled (i know), and it said severe dehydration symptoms are fever and rapid heartbeat and it said medical emergency.. :/

Or do I just assume this is the flu? I don't want to go there and have them say it's just a virus, because that will cost me a lot. But I also don't want to just let it go if there is something very wrong either.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Gomubukai

• Rec's: 5
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: I'm back- still having a fast heart rate... NOW do I go to ER?
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2013, 03:29:12 AM »
Your heart rate can definitely go up if you're on your way to getting a flu.

Your best bet would be to take it easy and drink lots of fluids.

If you're still feeling bad in the morning make an appoinent with a gp. But a temperature can really increase your heart rate :)

Hope you feel better!!
Bookmark and Share

Offline vanadio

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2013, 07:17:47 AM »
I advive you to go to the ER. It's possible nothing but you will be reliefed (or treated if you have something).

Good luck and i hope you feel better ;)
Bookmark and Share

Offline patmob

• Rec's: 6
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2013, 08:13:10 AM »
Sounds like your just getting a cold/flu and you could also be dehydrated.  Drink some chamomile tea if you have it - the water in the tea will hydrate you and the chamomile will help you relax. 

Normal heart rate ranges from 80-100 beats per minute.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Overthinking extrovert

• Mood: Calm
    Calm
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2013, 08:20:24 AM »
100 bpms is only a little elevated and not that big of a deal. Definitely not a reason to go to the ER! Go to a regular doctor if you're worried but I wouldn't unless it persits for over a week. Don't drink caffeinated drinks and don't exaggerate with sugar. And calm down!
Bookmark and Share
It is by my will alone I set my mind in motion

Offline soccerash21

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2013, 11:51:30 AM »
Hi everyone-

Thank you all so much for all of your help. I ended up going to the er last night. I wanted to be safe and since my heart rate was constantly beating over 100 for 7 hours, it worried me. I also had a fever. They did an EKG and said that everything looked normal, and they also gave me a few IV bags so I think I was also a little dehydrated. They gave me a pill (I don't remember what it was but I know it was something for anxiety). They also checked my lymph nodes and I think a bunch of other stuff based on my blood they took and the urine. So it was just left at it being anxiety, I just really wish I knew why it happened in the first place. Regardless, now I see that I need to start seeing someone about my anxiety problems. I also feel like I have the flu or some bug, unless it's just being worn out from the anxiety. Anyways, thank you again to everyone who helped me out :action-smiley-065:
Bookmark and Share

Offline CaliforniaDreamer

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2013, 11:53:06 AM »
100 is on the high end of normal. I was in the ER for heart palps last year and my heart rate was 100 while laying there at rest. I was freaked and told the doctor my heart was beating constantly at 100 bpm while I laid there, he shrugged and said so what, that's normal.

Stomach bugs, colds and flus are really going around, I know so many people who are sick. Your heartrate can be high because your body may be trying to fight a cold, plus your focus and checking keeps your body on high alert.

I wouldn't go to the ER unless your fever spiked really high, or you were really in pain. Maybe make an appoitment with your GP tomorrow, if you need that peace of mind.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: