Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Larynx cancer? Please help :(  (Read 211 times)

Offline Jaybuck151

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Larynx cancer? Please help :(
« on: December 28, 2013, 10:22:52 PM »
I'm jordan and I'm a 20 year old male from Arizona.
Recently I have had some throat and neck problems that is making me fear the worse, cancer.
It started about 3 weeks ago with a sore throat on on the left side. It felt like there was a lump in my throat every time I swallowed. This alone was terrifying. It hurt to even move my tounge. I went to urgent care and they have me moxacillian telling me it was tonsillitis. The next day the throat pain was almost completely gone.

This is where the real problems started.
Let me just tell you that I am a rapper/singer. I am on my come up in Arizona and I've been told I'm the best at what I do and have extraordinary talents that will get me places. This is my main objective for life and it's something I work on every day.

When the sore throat vanished, I still felt the lump sensation on the left side and I get random surges of pain in that exact location. When I compare both sides of my neck I can feel a lump in the exact spot the pain is originating from. 2 days after the soreness went away and I noticed the lump, my voice became to grow very hoarse. So hoarse it hurts to rap or sing. Even when I try I can't hit high notes anymore and my rap voice sounds extremely raspy. This is the most devastating part for me. Music is my life and now I can't even do it. It's been a week and a half since my hoarse voice and lump came. The lump is right under the jaw on the left side (under the chin to the left) my guess is that the lump is causing pressure agaisst my voice box which is causing the hoarseness .

I made an appointment with my normal doctor and she felt my neck and she wasn't worried about the lump at all but told me to make an appointment with an ENT doctor. My appointment with her is in 5 days.

I do not smoke tobacco at all and I drink alcohol maybe once every couple weeks.
I do smoke marijuana every day though.
All the pain was where the lump was until yesterday.
I took my first hit of dab (which is a pure THC concentrate made from burned down marijuana) and it was so harsh it felt like my throat was bleeding. The rest of the night I couldn't even talk at all and k completely regretted taking the hit. And every since then I have pain right behind my Adam's apple and the hoarseness is worse. I'm done smoking weed until I have this issue resolved.

To sum it up. I'm scared to death I have cancer of the larynx. My voice is my career and I'm so scared that my hoarseness won't go away. If it doesn't, my talent is wasted and possibly my life.
I can't wait until my appointment with the ENT I'm
Just so anxious. Can anyone tell me what they think is going on with me? :(
Bookmark and Share

Offline Bertz1985

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Larynx cancer? Please help :(
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2013, 12:00:59 PM »
I recently went to the ENT for something similar. All I had was a feeling in my throat. The ENT looked with a little camera he inserted down my nose. He said it looked like I had a little inflammation. He diagnosed me with silent reflux. Although I think it's just anxiety because the lump started after I read about oral cancer. However, I've been reading a lot about silent reflux and I'm betting that's what you have. 60% of the population has it, but most people never get diagnoses. The people that do are singers or people with HA.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Jaybuck151

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2013, 01:11:57 PM »
Thank you for your reply. I hope it's just that rather than something more serious. Are the vocals problems just temporary? I don't know what I'll do if my voice doesn't return to normal.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Bertz1985

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2013, 06:32:18 PM »
Don't google silent reflux! It will just freak you out.  It seems like the majority of people are able to get their reflux under control. 
Bookmark and Share

Tags: cancer lump larynx throat neck