Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Someone talk me off the ledge - I have breast CA with Mets to everywhere...  (Read 292 times)

Offline Angelofworry

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Stressed
    Stressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Here we go again. My health anxiety was doing GREAT, then a friend if mine just got diagnosed with stage IV breast cancer during a routine screening. So that started my self checking. I found a very small lump on the skin if my breast, it is smaller than pea sized and only visible if you really look, I can't feel anything. I have also been have left upper quadrant pain, just below my ribs, my hair is falling out, and I have blood on the toilet paper after a bowel movement. I thought I had hemorrhoids, but now ruining cancer. I'm going to make an appointment on Monday, but anyone with advice?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Jenniferio

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
A lump or bump on the skin -it might be a kerotosis or wart? 

Blood on the tp - I often have that.  Could just be the result of a constipated bowel movement.
Hair loss -how is that relevant?

Good luck - hope you feel better!!
Bookmark and Share

Offline MmeMulot

• Poke This Member
I know how you feel. I've been there!! A small lump ON your skin wouldn't be breast cancer. You're just fixating on BC because of your friend. Hearing about someone with a specific cancer or illness often triggers me to worry that I have it. Heck, I could almost be convinced I have prostate cancer, and I'm a woman! :laugh3:
Bookmark and Share

Offline Angelofworry

• Mood: Stressed
    Stressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Thanks for the replies, guys. I am just freaking out so bad I'm self checking EVERYWHERE!! In fact, I just did a rectal check and sure enough there is a small lump just on the inside of my anus. Perfect. Anal cancer. This is going to be an embarrassing doctor appointment. "Hey will you check out my boob? Great, thanks. Now, stick your finger in my butt. Super. By the way, I'm crazy." Did I mention I will be seeing a new doctor as my old one moved? *sigh*
Bookmark and Share

Offline Overthinking extrovert

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Calm
    Calm
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
That lump in your butt is definitely a hemorrhoid because a few drops of blood on toilet paper means the source is near the exit. If it was cancer, it would be dark. Therefore - hemorrhoids.

Regarding your boob, go for an exam. In my country there is a government program for women over 50 (or so). They have a free mamogram every few years, depending on the result. Better safe than sorry! But a small lump? Come on! You should be worried ONLY if it grows in size.
Bookmark and Share
It is by my will alone I set my mind in motion

Tags: