Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: To all those who have been given the Rabies Vaccine  (Read 129 times)

Offline andy1987

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
To all those who have been given the Rabies Vaccine
« on: December 28, 2013, 06:36:38 PM »
To all those who have been given the Rabies post exposure vaccine - how bad were your side effects?

I received my fourth injection on the 24th December. I am due my 5th and final injection on the 9th January.

With each injection, my side effects seem to be getting progressively worse. With the first two injections, I felt mildly sick and had feelings of malaise for about an hour on the same day of the injection. These disappeared fairly quickly.

After my fourth injection I felt slightly ill, had a slight intermittent headache and a bit of diarrhoea the day after. I felt fine for a few days, but now today (28th December - 4 days after my fourth dose) I've started feeling slightly ill and with a very slight intermittent headache again. No diarrhea this time, but my stomach is making a lot of noises. I must stress that these feelings of illness aren't continuous - they come and go. I can't think of anything dodgy I've eaten which could cause this.

I've also had intermittent paresthesia/sensations of bugs crawling on my legs for nearly two weeks now although I suspect this is anxiety related - I've been fairly worried for a whlie now about rabies, although for the past few days I've tried to relax over it.

Obviously every time I feel these "side effects" I start feeling a bit anxious as I keep questioning whether these are side effects or symptoms of rabies.

My risk of rabies was minimal - less than 1%. Although I did start the vaccine nearly 12 days after this potential exposure.

Has anyone else received the rabies post exposure vaccine, and did they also get side effects like these? My body seems to be very sensitive to the vaccine - at least I hope it is reacting to the vaccine and not rabies symptoms!! Trying very hard to relax, not think about this and focus on other things in my life.

Thanks for all your contributions.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: