Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Do I really have GERD?  (Read 137 times)

Offline Bertz1985

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Do I really have GERD?
« on: December 28, 2013, 05:12:43 PM »
I posted on here a month ago about thinking I had oral cancer.  It all started at the end of October.  I started having this stabbing feeling in the back left side of the tongue. I saw the dentist and he said it was viral and should go away in 2 weeks. It went away in 10 days, but the dentist said there was still a bump on the side of my tongue which looked like tastebuds, but tastebuds usually don't grow on the side of the tongue. He told me not worry about it and come back if the pain came back. So far the pain hasn't come back, but I couldn't let it go. I went to another dentist for a second opinion.  This dentist didn't see anything odd and told me to let them know if the pain came back. They said they could refer me to an ENT because they have special tools that helps them look back there. Well after googling I was convinced I had oral cancer. After seeing that one of the symptoms of oral cancer is a lump in the throat what do you know I started having a lump in the throat sensation. So I had the dentist refer me to an ENT. On Monday, I went to the ENT. He stuck the scope down my nose and said it looked like I had a little inflammation. He said a lump in the throat sensation and inflammation is usually seen in patients with silent reflux. So he gave me a prescription that I'm not taking because I'm breastfeeding. I looked up the symptoms for silent reflux and it just doesn't seem to fit. Most people complain of hoarseness, coughing, sore throat, and phlegm.  I have none of these.  I've had really bad heartburn before when I was pregnant and it didn't feel like this.  I kinda feel like the doctor was grasping for straws and just diagnosed me with the most common thing.  He wants to see me back in 6 weeks. I'm tempted to say I'm feeling great even if I'm not to see what he has to say then. I bet the "little inflammation" will be gone.
Bookmark and Share

Offline jmcewan

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Do I really have GERD?
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2013, 01:44:21 PM »
Gerd can cause a whole host of odd problems. I get horrible nausea and it triggers asthma and dry coughsfor me. I rarely get actually heartburn symptoms.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: