Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: What's happening to me?  (Read 522 times)

Offline sgreens1

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
What's happening to me?
« on: December 28, 2013, 12:50:49 AM »
I feel like I've truly gone insane. I have panic disorder, anxiety, and depression. The past month, my anxiety has been getting worse and worse. I am at the point where I am afraid to be awake and out of my bed, because I get this panic feeling every time I get up. It builds and builds, until I eventually reach a point where I start crying. I'm not even worrying about anything specific, really. I want to know what's happening to me...I am constantly feeling panicked and I can't stop crying and I can barely leave my room. Has anybody else experienced this?
Bookmark and Share

Offline SlickDaddy

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: What's happening to me?
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2013, 04:57:11 AM »
Of course we do that is why we are here. It completely sucks the life out of you! Go see a doctor you probably need some medication to cope w/your anxiety disorder.
Bookmark and Share

Offline 2sungo

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2013, 05:26:01 PM »
Have to second the advice above, and also agree that the pattern you describe is not at all uncommon.  In the three times I have dealt with this, the first two started as panic attacks and were followed by anxiety and depression both.  The third time it was more anxiety rather than full on panic attacks, but I dreaded the mornings, and still do to some extent as I slowly recover (this round is taking longer to get thru).  Evenings seem to be better, and sleep is a merciful respite from it all.  Although I am not fully recovered from this third round, I have enjoyed a good decade plus between the other attacks (on medication, but not a lot) of basically feeling normal again.  Where you are now that may seem impossible to believe, but it does happen, after you find effective treatment.  It may happen rather quickly or take much longer than you think it should, but it will happen, so many of us have been there. I suggest keeping a journal, this way you record both the bad and better days, when I get worried about some symptom or whatever I look back and see I had the same damn thing decades ago, and I am still here.  Good luck.
Bookmark and Share

Offline SlickDaddy

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2013, 04:58:51 AM »
Thank you for your reply. I appreciate it.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Julie A. Cook

• Rec's: 5
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2014, 04:31:31 PM »
Yes, we understand.  THis is the second time I am dealing with this in two years.  For me, itlasts about 4 to 6 months.  Take heart.  You are not alone.  Antidepressants and anti-anxiety meds slowly lift you out.  Hang in there!  Best regards for your recovery.  Julie A. Cook
Bookmark and Share

Offline sgreens1

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2014, 12:06:26 AM »
Thank you all for your responses. It's nice to know that I'm not alone and this is something that happens to many people.

Have any of you ever been to group therapy? I am starting group therapy sessions next week, and I will be there with 8-10 other people with various psychologist disorders. I'm terrified! I'm hoping it will help me get over my social anxiety, but has anybody else seen improvement in their anxiety after being in group therapy?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Julie A. Cook

• Rec's: 5
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2014, 03:32:00 PM »
I have been to Group Therapy and found it very helpful.  I was in it about a year, and then I felt less and less of a need to be there.  Seems we were all discussing the same things over and over again.  Plus, by then I was much better.  I hope you get something out it.  Try it anyway.  I'll be anxisou to hear how you made out!

Best of Luck,  Julie
Bookmark and Share