Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Brain tumor symptoms still not going away  (Read 241 times)

Offline Baseball1221

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Brain tumor symptoms still not going away
« on: December 27, 2013, 12:44:27 PM »
Posted here a while ago with fear of a brain tumor. Im a 16 yr old male.
I have had headaches every day for a month and a half. They have been more by my left temple but now seem to be more at the top-leftish side. They are sometimes stabbing fairly sharp pains that last maybe 10 seconds. Sometimes constant that last hours or maybe a few minutes that keep coming back. The top left side of my head is very sensitive to touch/tender.
I get tingling/dryness feeling in my left cheek often. Last month i got it a few times, not very often. Now it happens every day. I can move it and feel it perfectly.
The past few days i have gotten nausea. Most of the time lasts about 5 min and comes back. Right now, my upper abdomen is very tender!
The headaches usually occur in the morning but i do not wake up with them. When i start moving around and thinking about it, is when it seems to come on.
I also get ringing in my ears mostly my right. It lasts 5 seconds tops.
Also pretty much every day I get a fullness feeling in both ears. It feels like im in an airplane and i need to pop my ears, but yawning doesnt help.
I have been waiting a month already for my appointment january 7th for a paeditrician. I dont know if i should go see a doctor earlier or maybe even ER to get a CT scan for sure.
Ive almost convinced myself i have a brain tumor. I had headaches when i was younger, but nothing like these. They are quite mild but different spot/type of headache then when i was younger.

Im scared to death. Opinions?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Natsab87

• Rec's: 2
    • Poke This Member
Re: Brain tumor symptoms still not going away
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2013, 01:19:18 PM »
You pretty much describe my symptoms and I've also been suffering for about a month. Mine all started when I was feeling anxious I started getting different headaches to what I am used to. They were like a tension pressure type feeling on the top of my head then going around the back. Sometimes they come down to my forehead and eye brow where my pressure points are. I ended up going to hospital when half my face was tingling and my arm felt numb. I was sure it was a stroke or tumour. I was told my no was high and this and numbness was due to being anxious. I was put on Betablockers for my high bp  and the numbness has subsided. The headaches however haven't! They're a daily occurrence and I am also getting nausea. Not sure if nausea due to meds or anxiety or a brain tumour! Went for eye test where they looked behind eyes and said no bleed or tumour but I don't feel any better. I insisted on an mri booked for Jan 7th so like you I'm in limbo thinking the worst. Whilst I'm sure it's all tension and anxiety, the tumour fear still remains. However, I guess if either of us did have a tumour, we'd have other symptoms now like seizures or vision problems? Anxiety sucks but I feel your pain!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Baseball1221

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Brain tumor symptoms still not going away
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2013, 01:44:56 PM »
Yes i have gone to the doctor twice and ER once. The first Dr visit i was referred to this paeditrician which is the seventh. Second i went to a different dr told him about my fear and he said it is not a brain tumor. His wife actually has brain cancer and he said id be having seizures. Im still not happy with that answer seeing as my headaches havent gotten better and ive gotten a few more different symptoms since ive seen him. What sent me to the er was an episode where i felt stroke symptoms. This was when i had heart attack worries. I still dunno what that was but i think it was an anxiety attack. I had heaps of blood tests, chest xray. Everything clear.
But thank you for your reply, glad im not the only one going thru this.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: