Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Overwhelming feeling I'm gonna die any minute now (not PA/PD)  (Read 321 times)

Offline Jazeraca

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Depressed
    Depressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Overwhelming feeling I'm gonna die any minute now (not PA/PD)
« on: December 27, 2013, 11:19:49 AM »
Hi all,

I have GAD, HA and traits of BPD. Christmas night I started getting positional vertigo. Went to the hospital, doc said it was "most likely BPPV". Went to another doctor last night, got the same Dx. When I got home, I passed what looked like a red, flat, squarish-looking stone in my urine. Hubby said it's nothing if it only happens once.

The vertigo is getting worse today as I wait for a physio appointment on Monday. I cannot shake the feeling that something is seriously wrong with me and that I am going to die any day now. Like, possibly a brain tumor or something along those lines? I've been crying all day - I just don't know how to cope with this feeling any longer.

I was searching the net for funeral preparations and decided to come here instead.

How do I cope with this? Do I get a third opinion on the vertigo? I haven't been able to sleep since the vertigo started because of worry.

I am 32, and besides some reflux, I am otherwise healthy. I think?
Bookmark and Share
Dx: GAD, HA, BPD. LPR and peptic ulcer. Possible fibro.

Online MobileChucko

• Try? Try not! There is no try...
  • Global Moderator
  • Rec's: 16
  • Mood: Curious
    Curious
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Overwhelming feeling I'm gonna die any minute now (not PA/PD)
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2013, 01:59:06 PM »
Hi Jazeraca...  I'm sorry to hear of your difficulties.  To begin with, I agree with you husband regarding your passing of a kidney stone.  That might just be a one time occurrence, and nothing to be concerned about unless you begin passing additional stones and there is pain/discomfort involved.  As far as your diagnosis of benign paroxysmal positional vertigo (BPPV), this is one of the most common causes of vertigo.  Although troublesome, this is not a serious condition.  Did one of the doctors you saw, instruct you in the canalith repositioning procedure?  If not, the next time you see a physician, ask them to teach you.  Do your best to distract yourself, to focus on activities of daily living.  I even look at all the ways my mind and body are functioning properly.  I know that these are not easy things to do, but they really help.  The best to you, Jazeraca!...  Chuck
Bookmark and Share

Offline Jazeraca

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Depressed
    Depressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2013, 07:11:35 AM »
Hi Jazeraca...  I'm sorry to hear of your difficulties.  To begin with, I agree with you husband regarding your passing of a kidney stone.  That might just be a one time occurrence, and nothing to be concerned about unless you begin passing additional stones and there is pain/discomfort involved.  As far as your diagnosis of benign paroxysmal positional vertigo (BPPV), this is one of the most common causes of vertigo.  Although troublesome, this is not a serious condition.  Did one of the doctors you saw, instruct you in the canalith repositioning procedure?  If not, the next time you see a physician, ask them to teach you.  Do your best to distract yourself, to focus on activities of daily living.  I even look at all the ways my mind and body are functioning properly.  I know that these are not easy things to do, but they really help.  The best to you, Jazeraca!...  Chuck

Thank you so much for your reply, Chuck. My vertigo has actually mostly cleared up, and I haven't passed any more stones. I went to physio yesterday and the therapist said I have whiplash in my neck!! I couldn't believe it. She also said my posture is horrible and that I need to fix it. You're right, distraction is the best thing to do. Thanks so much for your reply. :)
Bookmark and Share
Dx: GAD, HA, BPD. LPR and peptic ulcer. Possible fibro.

Offline tinam7

• Rec's: 73
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2013, 08:08:02 AM »
If you want to discuss funeral arrangements, I may be able to help. Think about all possibilities (j/k).

I do know that kidney stones are very, very painful and vertigo is not unusual. Sometimes it can be simple dehydration. Most of us don't drink enough. Also, we do not focus on balance which I became aware of in yoga and tai chi. We can do exercises to improve our balance as well as help our neck muscles where stress can collect. Stay well, keep us posted.
Bookmark and Share

Offline tinam7

• Rec's: 73
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2013, 08:00:01 AM »
Want to add I hope you've stopped thinking about funerals. I'm not even having one.

Believe that many of us are dehydrated which can cause all manner of problems. Water is probably best, but I'm no great fan of water. So I cheat with tea and soup. Am a soup fiend. The other nice thing about soup is that you can eat all you want and are not likely to put on weight.

Then there is balance exercise. The easiest to start with is to lift one leg off the ground and stand on the other. Arms can be stretched out to help stay steady. Focus on one spot. Balance was and remains the hardest part in yoga for me. But I have improved. So you can work on your balance too.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: