Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Severe eye problems and feeling as though I have constant brain fog. (2)  (Read 519 times)

Offline ptiscool

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Dear All,

I am wondering whether my current problems are related to anxiety, and to see whether anyone else has or is experiencing the same problem.

My visual problems are:

-Blurred vision
-Double vision
-Strong light afterimage
-Halos around lights
-red, yellow, blue and green seem lighter
-Hazy vision
-Dotty vision
-Eyes burn, sting and feel like there is something in them (Using eyedrops)
-Lights flicker
-Everything seems darker in colour than it should. e.g. objects indoors and everything outside
-I see blue dots and swirling lights when my eyes are closed
-When i close my eyes I can see blue dots and a light swirling
-Vision goes cloudy when staring at a point

Also I feel as though I do not have a brain which works properly, and have been not able to function as I feel as though I am in hell with my head and eyes.

I have had my eyes checked out and they are completely healthy, apart from a slight bit of cornea corrosion. My eyesight is getting worse, but everytime I go to the hospital they say my eyes are fine. It's getting more blurry and I can't understand what is wrong.

Has or is anyone else going through the same thing ?

Regards,

Paul
Bookmark and Share

Offline Jazeraca

• Mood: Depressed
    Depressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Severe eye problems and feeling as though I have constant brain fog. (2)
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2013, 11:10:04 AM »
Hi there!

Brain fog can be a symptom of a heightened anxiety state (it's called derealization) or fibromyalgia - something that a lot of anxiety sufferers also get. Do you have a Dx of GAD or panic disorder? Do you experience a lot of widespread tenderness or dull aches?

I too have occasional vision problems, and I am a 32 year old woman. What you're describing sounds like it could be either retinal detachment (RARE), cataracts, or some other eye issue. Is it out of both of your eyes, or just one? Honestly though, I think the strong light after-image, dotty vision (if in the dark), and vision going cloudy are normal, as I get them a lot. You should get your eyes checked out soon if you haven't already. I don't think it is anything serious, but I'm not a doctor.

Keep us updated!
Bookmark and Share
Dx: GAD, HA, BPD. LPR and peptic ulcer. Possible fibro.

Offline jones8y

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2014, 01:24:42 PM »
Dear All,

I am wondering whether my current problems are related to anxiety, and to see whether anyone else has or is experiencing the same problem.

My visual problems are:

-Blurred vision
-Double vision
-Strong light afterimage
-Halos around lights
-red, yellow, blue and green seem lighter
-Hazy vision
-Dotty vision
-Eyes burn, sting and feel like there is something in them (Using eyedrops)
-Lights flicker
-Everything seems darker in colour than it should. e.g. objects indoors and everything outside
-I see blue dots and swirling lights when my eyes are closed
-When i close my eyes I can see blue dots and a light swirling
-Vision goes cloudy when staring at a point

Also I feel as though I do not have a brain which works properly, and have been not able to function as I feel as though I am in hell with my head and eyes.

I have had my eyes checked out and they are completely healthy, apart from a slight bit of cornea corrosion. My eyesight is getting worse, but everytime I go to the hospital they say my eyes are fine. It's getting more blurry and I can't understand what is wrong.

Has or is anyone else going through the same thing ?

Regards,

Paul

Hey,

I'm a 25 year old male and I have every single one of these symptoms you have described and I mean every single one!

I have had them for as long as I remember (which isn't very long) about four years but in the past 6 months it has got noticeably worse, I was searching the internet trying to find out what was wrong with me which seemed to make it worse as I was spending a lot of time on my laptop which made my eyes even more tired and focusing even hard for my eyes and mind as I was constantly thinking about it. Until the other day I had no idea it may be due to anxiety and stress but then I found this website, where other people had my symptoms which I thought would be few and far a part  As Iíve never met anyone else with them (especially the problem vision even though the eye sight is good) and I read on here that the symptoms of stress and anxiety can be worse after it passís as knock on effect as a way for your brain to shut down and take a break. I feel much calmer and take all my thoughts a lot less seriously after reading this only yesterday lol but I still have the same symptoms and hope they will clear up soon now Iím going to make a conscious effort not to worry so much knowing that itís the worrying that caused it in the first place like a big loop.
I donít ever reply to threads but since youíre the first person I have seen describe my symptoms to a T (I have seen others say they have some of these but never all like me and you), by the way do you have it 24/7 too? As most people seem to get them for a couple of hours were as mine have been there with no breaks.
Since we both are experiencing the same things we should report to each other through this thread if we come across anything as I am having a few tests done to check a few avenues although for the first time in my life I think anxiety and stress is the number1 culprit now.
One more thing do you smoke marijuana? As I have done pretty much every day for years ( not the past four days though) and that seems makes my anxiety a lot worse which could be what led to this for me.
Good luck
J
Bookmark and Share

Offline ptiscool

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2014, 07:05:38 AM »
Dear jones8y,

Thank-you for your reply. It is good to know that I am not alone as these visual problems are very overwhelming.

I have the vision problems 24/7 but I have noticed if I have a nap they get worse for a short time after I wake up. I am due to go for an eye checkup tomorow, so hopefully all should go well as I have had an MRI and it all came back fine.

I don't smoke marijuna. I have heared it can make anxiety alot worse. Do you use eyedrops ? I find it helps with my dry eye symptoms.

I am currently taking Pregabalin, Duloxetine and Diazepam (when I feel quite overwhelmed).

Look forward to your reply.

Regards,

Paul
Bookmark and Share

Offline jones8y

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2014, 02:40:41 PM »
Hey Paul good to hear you are exploring different avenues to tackle these things.

I haven't used eye drops before but my eyes no longer seem to be as strained as they have been although the vision problems are still there but seem to have dimmed down slightly so it's good to have hope they may not be there forever even without any kind of outside help.

After never really forcing myself to call out for help before I today (well last night after working myself up to a bit of a freak out) decided to make a phone appointment to talk about my anxiety with a doctor and after discussing my feeling with her she has suggested that I go into talk about trying out propranolol for some short term relief while waiting for my CBT to start.

As I have not ever tried medication for this before I don't quiet no what to expect but I have been reading a lot about it and it seems good for the physical symptoms of anxiety and stress which will hopefully allow me to tackle the thought process behind anxiety more being it should help me to relax my body and heart rate.

I will let you know how it goes :)

Good luck
J
Bookmark and Share

Offline ptiscool

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2014, 01:07:23 PM »
Dear jones8y,

Medication can be very useful. I have not found any relief from my anxiety yet, but went to had an acupuncture session yesterday which was quite painful lol. I thought anything is worth a try though.

Please do. It would be great to hear how you get on. I had CBT about two years ago, which was helpful.

Regards,

Paul
Bookmark and Share

Offline jones8y

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2014, 07:17:16 PM »
Thanks for the support!

It's been a real rollercoaster recently and after going to see my GB and him prescribing me 80 mg one a day all day slow release propranolol I started taking it and wooow the first 7 days or so it was amazing, I hadn't felt that calm and just generally stress free letting things roll of my back and not so tense or on edge since I was around 8 years old! and that's the truth!

But just a few days ago it seems to have caught up with me and although I don't feel as tense as I use to.. my eyes have been getting ridiculously tired and strained which has been making me get irritated easy and unable to concentrate on ANYTHING even worse than before I start the medication, so much so that I nearly didn't take my dose today to take a break from it and even wrighting this Is really difficult as these past few I've been really scattery.

I'm hoping this isn't going to last much longer and will sort it's self out tomorrow but if not I would have to resort back to my old tense self but at least I will be able to use my eyes properly and think at least half straight, it's a shame really as the first week I really made good progress getting my family, social, work and general life back on track until my eyes started playing up.
Bookmark and Share

Offline edosmonsterink

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2014, 12:51:43 AM »
that kinda sounds like what  one of my friends had and it did develop into anxiety. but what he had was called a silent migraine... sounds silly but its real and does affect your vision.
just maybe a thought for you and your doctor. did wonders for my friend and he also ended up needing glasses. hope you feel better.

Eddie
Bookmark and Share

Tags: