Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Me and my anxiety  (Read 179 times)

Offline Dani

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Me and my anxiety
« on: December 27, 2013, 02:29:39 AM »
Hi everyone! My name is Danielle and I am new to this community. I have been diagnosed with anxiety a couple of months ago.

It all started at the beginning of the year when my mother had a dream about death. I have lost a lot of people in my family and have been afraid of death since. Not like normal afraid, but so afraid that I would get weird thoughts and panic attacks. My mom dreamt that my late father came to her and told her that someone is going to die on the 2nd of May. I was terrified that it might be me. By the time the second of May passed I was so stressed out that it caused anxiety. I started feeling extremely lightheaded and I had kind of like tunnel vision. It got so bad that I couldn't even go to the shopping mall to do shopping. The lightheadedness didn't strike at home but it did at work.

After that, I went to the doctor and he did a neurological test and told me my brain is fine and then he told me that it's anxiety. He subscribed Trepline and I drank it every night at about 9pm. It made me sleep very well  and it took the lightheadedness away. After about a month or so the lightheadedness came back and I was where I started again. The lightheadedness now came with panic attacks and it felt like my heart wanted to climb out of my chest. I would  burst into tears in worry because I was so scared that I might have a heart attack or something would happen to me. I went to the doctor again and he subscribed Cilift.  I have been on cilift ever since. I still have the fear of dying and I don't really know what to make of it. The pills are helping in a way but sometimes when I'm standing or walking for too long the lightheadedness would strike again. Other than that I feel fine but I have this hollow feeling in my chest. I bought myself some inflammation pills and it worked but when I stop using it the pills, the hollow, empty feeling comes back again. I am not certain whether it's a symptom of the anxiety or what. I joined the community to find someone I can talk to who might relate to me or my situation.

I really want to manage my anxiety and even get rid of it and all the symptoms

If you read thIS, thank you

I would really appreciate some feedback.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Leo99

• Rec's: 5
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Me and my anxiety
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2013, 06:38:44 PM »
Hi Dani, welcome to Anxiety Zone  :action-smiley-065:!

I think you have come to the right place. This community is all about sharing experience and mutual support.
I suggest you browse the forums/sections of the AZ and find ones, you are interested in.
'Introduce yourself section' is a good place to start but you might get more feedback in specific sections. That is usually the case.
We also have other features here, like Anxiety Wire, a social network for members or Chat.

You are not alone with your struggles and your fears are shared by many. I hope you get all the help you need.

May you have smooth road to recovery! Nice to have you as a member.

Leo
Bookmark and Share
From childhood's hour I have not been
As others were; I have not seen
As others saw; I could not bring
My passions from a common spring.
(E. A. Poe)

Offline dani_leigh

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2013, 07:42:42 PM »
Welcome to Anxiety Zone!

I joined at the beginning of December and have found so much support. I hope you find what you're looking for.

Dani
Bookmark and Share

Offline Liana

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2013, 09:04:38 PM »
Welcome Danielle.

I too, have a fear of death, and panic attacks.  I have found so much help here, and it's great to talk to so many people who understand your fears, and what you're going through.

Hope to see you in chat.
Liana
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lexie123

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2014, 02:07:06 PM »
Hi Danielle,
I have a lot of the same fears as you. I get that heart beating out of my chest feeling. I try to explain it to people but it's as though they think I'm just over reacting.  I've just joined tbis site and I swear just knowing there's THIS many people out there with anxiety and these problems has already helped. I can't wait to dive deeper into the threads.  I hope we can both  find the support we need

Lexie
Bookmark and Share
Lexie x

Offline Dani

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2014, 03:09:05 AM »
Thanks for all of your responses. It is highly appreciated! It makes me feel very welcome. I hope to see you in the chat! :action-smiley-065:
Bookmark and Share