Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: left sided headache  (Read 169 times)

Offline Rose~

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Happy
    Happy
  • ~Fear is the only thing that can hold you back~
    • Poke This Member
left sided headache
« on: December 27, 2013, 12:20:21 AM »
It just never stops. Earlier today I felt some tension in my back of my head like I was going to get a headache. Didn't think much of it. Now, about 9 hours later, it's a full fledged headache. Only, it's just on my left side. I feel it mostly in the back of my head near my ear, but also near my eye a bit. it's like a band just on that side. I get tension headaches quite a bit, but normally they are right in the center of the back of my head/neck. this one is just the left side. if I move my head around a bit, I can feel it throb and move down my left back side of my neck. I am worried it's something bad. A stroke or something, ugh. And what doesn't help is I usually take medicine to get rid of it, but I have become scared to take medicine with my heart worries. Getting children's asprin/pain relief is even a terror for me, just children's medicine! ugh! Do you think it's something bad? should I just stop worrying and take some medicine and lay down? I have been on the computer all day but.. I don't know. I just wish this didn't freak me out :( No one takes health worries seriously when you are A teenager. "YOU ARE FINE" "I SHOULD BE WORRYING ABOUT MY HEALTH, NOT YOU" my mother says  :laugh3:
Bookmark and Share
"I'm happy about who and what I am, and I can't wait to find out who I'll be tomorrow."- Joyce DeWitt <3

Offline Rose~

Happy
    • Poke This Member
Re: left sided headache
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2013, 12:53:37 AM »
Also, I don't know if it's just me but now my right arm seems weird feeling when I lift it... and I feel like I have a slight fever or something, kinda just a little flu-like. This is freaking me out :(
Bookmark and Share
"I'm happy about who and what I am, and I can't wait to find out who I'll be tomorrow."- Joyce DeWitt <3

Offline LostKeys

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2013, 07:07:00 AM »
hello i had some very similar symptoms this week but it was on the right side of head but the same exact thing you are talking about i ended up going to the er and the doctor told me he thought it was from the flu i had 5-6 days before that. I took ib profen 600mg that really did help ALOT, i understand that you dont know to take meds but if you do take childrens meds try some motrin to help relive the pain. sorry for all misspelled words :XX and hope you feel better soon!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Overthinking extrovert

• Mood: Calm
    Calm
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2013, 08:15:42 AM »
Heart worries? Do you have a reason for that? Palpitations maybe? That's no reason to not take aspirin if you have a headache. Also, headaches are considered to be a reason for worry only if they last for a very long time. I don't know, a week without stopping?
Bookmark and Share
It is by my will alone I set my mind in motion

Offline Rose~

Happy
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2013, 12:33:35 AM »
Thanks for the replies! I took some medicine and it helped a bit, I still had a bit of a headache tody though. It actually switched sides earlier. Now it has turned into piercing pain behind my left eye/kind of where my eyebrow is, its awful. Probably going to take more medicine. Also, yes, I have been worrying about my heart since september, I got palps, chest pain, shortness of breath, tachycardia attacks, etc. Its a mess. Anyway, I am going to try try not to worry about this headache unless it lasts like a week or something. Why is my logic so terrible nowadays? Before this anxiety I wouldnt have even thought twice about it and just took some medicine and called it good. :/
Bookmark and Share

Tags: