Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: 90% sure I have an ulcer.  (Read 196 times)

Offline Vasallus

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
90% sure I have an ulcer.
« on: December 27, 2013, 12:01:07 AM »
I have had them before, and so I have been getting "that old familiar feeling" but back then I was on my parents' insurance and so at the first sign of a problem a doctor/ER visit was not out of the question. Now I am 26 and my insurance won't kick in until the first of January.

Symptoms: weight loss, reflux, abdominal pain on an empty stomach, burping and stomach discomfort/reflux in chest after eating. I have taken Mylanta and Tums to deal with my reflux and pain, and I looked online for natural treatments.

Unfortunately I came across a warning about a stomach ulcer burning a hole in my stomach and causing stomach acid to pour out onto my other organs or eat through a blood vessel and cause internal bleeding. Panic mode initiated, which obviously upset my digestive track further.

Is this a pretty rare occurrence for an ulcer? I have been having problems for about two months now, but is this something that can be safely ignored until I can make it into the doctor's with insurance? (I really can't afford more medical bills but I will go if I have to).

Any help would be appreciated. I can't afford to miss work from my stomach getting a hole in it so any advice would be helpful.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Vasallus

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: 90% sure I have an ulcer.
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2013, 03:14:44 AM »
Just ate a turkey sandwich. Lots of belching and flatulence and some slight discomfort and rumbling but no real pain. Can anyone help?
Bookmark and Share

Offline SlickDaddy

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2013, 05:50:03 AM »
Dude an ulcer is not going to pour out and eat your other organs seriously. Relax and drink lots of water and avoid things that spike your stomach acid like milk. Just avoid triggers and that ulcer should heal in a month on its own. If your not bleeding from the anus or from the stomach through your mouth you are perfectly fine. You need to worry about an ulcer when you start seeing blood in your stool. Go out buy some prilosec OTC and take it for a month daily it helps your body stop producing acid which gives the ulcer time to heal. You are not going to die from an ulcer. Relax and trust me drink a ton of water and avoid soda and stuff that is acidic in nature. Make sure to invest in the prilosec!!!!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Vasallus

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2013, 10:40:22 AM »
Dude an ulcer is not going to pour out and eat your other organs seriously. Relax and drink lots of water and avoid things that spike your stomach acid like milk. Just avoid triggers and that ulcer should heal in a month on its own. If your not bleeding from the anus or from the stomach through your mouth you are perfectly fine. You need to worry about an ulcer when you start seeing blood in your stool. Go out buy some prilosec OTC and take it for a month daily it helps your body stop producing acid which gives the ulcer time to heal. You are not going to die from an ulcer. Relax and trust me drink a ton of water and avoid soda and stuff that is acidic in nature. Make sure to invest in the prilosec!!!!

Thanks for the reassurance and advice. I haven't drank soda in almost a year (dark soda anyway. I will have a Diet Sprite or Diet 7-Up once in a blue moon.) Everything else I drink is either water, milk, or juice. I did go out drinking about a month ago and that really upset it, and unfortunately New Year's is coming up. I may just have to be a DD so as not to upset my stomach further. XD

I will definitely try the Prilosec. Mylanta and Tums have helped a bit, but I was reading up and that stuff seems stronger. Thanks!
Bookmark and Share

Offline SlickDaddy

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2013, 11:53:10 PM »
Yes and stop drinking milk until it heals.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: