Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: So much anxiety today! My mind is going crazy.  (Read 219 times)

Offline NewMommyTX

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
So much anxiety today! My mind is going crazy.
« on: December 26, 2013, 11:19:40 PM »
I don't want to make it a long post but here's what I've been noticing. Is it just me? In my head? Or others have this but I'm just making a big deal.

I've been having brain tumor worries for a while now I don't know why.

1. Sometimes I think I see a twinkling light at the corner of my eyes. Not when it's dark, it happens in the daytime sometimes when I'm really anxious I think.

2. I was pressing my eyeballs with my fingers and I think I see side to side double when I do that. Also when my alarm wakes me up at 6:30am and I get up to press snooze I feel like my eyes are so tired that I can't focus and it makes it look like I see double for a second.

3. I see floaters like hair strand looking one that seems to be on my right eye.

4. I kept feeling my jawline and I feel a swollen lymph node that's pea sized and it moves around.

I just want to cry because all this stuff is running through my mind.
Bookmark and Share

Offline NewMommyTX

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: So much anxiety today! My mind is going crazy.
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2013, 12:03:39 AM »
Anyone?
Bookmark and Share

Offline AlwaysFreakedOut

• Mood: Stressed
    Stressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2013, 12:40:11 AM »
Sorry you are having so much anxiety .....I can definitely empathize as I feel the same way. I have had the brain fear on and off for over two years.  Now to address your individual symptoms - the brief twinkling light , sparkle as I call it - yes and yes , I see that at the corner of my eyes . Have been seeing it for a long time. Had a few eye exams and an ophthalmologist told me it was normal and part of aging ( I am 34) . When pressing my eyeballs I see double too. Same goes for right after waking up- it take a a little bit to focus my eyes - they need time to adjust from resting to focusing.
Floaters aplenty here- yes I have the hair strand one in my right eye- have  had it for years.
As for the jawline- I try not to poke around there - I leave that to my doctor. I know that if I do I will freak myself out so I don't do it.  I Am pretty sure a   Pea sized movable lymph node is normal.
I have had a sinus, upper respiratory infection for more than 10 days now and when it started I was fine in my mind ..then it got worse and scenarios started running through my mind...what if ( by the way I hate that phrase yet it seems one of the most popular phrases in my vocabulary). With the anxiety over my cold came other symptoms which are very hard to ignore and the thoughts are constantly swirling in my mind. I just recently
got over a few months of very high anxiety over ovarian, brain  and others fears. Had numerous scan, MRIs , CT, xray , blood tests.  I was finally feeling  good and on control of my anxiety and then bam , a cold derailed me again . It's so exhausting.....I know how you feel . From everything you wrote all seems like normal everyday bodily  noises.  Hang in there and hope your mind calms down so ...
Bookmark and Share

Offline NewMommyTX

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2013, 01:30:25 AM »
Thanks for taking the time to reply! The only thing that gets my anxiety worked up at the moment is the twinkling thing sometimes. I'm 26 and I just had LASIK about 3 months ago.
Bookmark and Share

Offline AlwaysFreakedOut

• Mood: Stressed
    Stressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2013, 01:48:17 AM »
I assume they did a comprehensive eye exam after  the surgery ? If that is the case then it should be nothing to worry about. I even googled it just now and says  seeing a bright twinkly spot and floaters ( they had them combined in one sentence when describing them on this eye doctor website I was on ) is listed as normal.
Bookmark and Share

Offline NewMommyTX

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2013, 12:44:56 PM »
Oh yeah I forgot to mention that I've noticed a flat spot about an inch wide close to the crown of my head. I think I've had it forever and just now paid attention to it because of my anxiety and I freaked out about it when I didn't have any other things to freak out about. I'm scared because my head is not perfectly round. Does anyone have a flat spot? I asked my PA and she said it feels normal but she didn't press it hard enough! My coworker thinks she has one too, my stepdad who is a doctor said everyone's skull is different and my mom has a flat spot but not on the same spot. My masseuse said it feels normal that it's like hers

Well the top of my head feels sore today and I'm thinking about that flat spot and I can't stop touching it! :(
Bookmark and Share

Tags: