Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: When is pain bad enough to get it looked at?  (Read 134 times)

Offline Kissa

• Rec's: 1
  • I don't remember what calm and relaxed is...
    • Poke This Member
When is pain bad enough to get it looked at?
« on: December 26, 2013, 09:16:14 PM »
I do not have hypochondria but I do tend to be an internet doctor. My auto accident was two weeks ago yesterday. Our check up with the family doctor last week said that we may feel worse or develop other pains as we start to heal.

Since then, I have developed a pain in (gosh I hope this isn't TMI) lower back/butt area. Not sure if it is my tailbone, my pelvic bone or what. Tried symptom checker and I can't pinpoint the exact area on the little manikin.

I have pain pills from the hospital er. Problem is, I get very sick on most rx pain pills... to the point where if I take them, I have to go to bed because they make me that sick. Sometimes I don't take the pain pills just to avoid getting sick.

While there is no bruising or coloring in the area of pain, it still hurts. From my research on the net, there really isn't anything docs could do for me.... but I'm getting to my pain threshold. I'm just not sure what to do...
Bookmark and Share
Just because I understand an acknowledge what I am worrying about is silly, doesn't mean I'm able to stop worrying about it.
~One Breath at a Time~

Offline MobileChucko

• Try? Try not! There is no try...
  • Global Moderator
  • Rec's: 16
  • Mood: Curious
    Curious
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: When is pain bad enough to get it looked at?
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2013, 10:31:48 PM »
Hi Kissa...  I am so sorry to hear about the pain that you are experiencing.  Since this pain/discomfort in your lower back/pelvic region is so severe, and since it has occurred after you saw your doctor, I would suggest that you get back into contact with you physician.  They may consider at least doing some routine x-rays to make certain nothing is fractured/broken or dislocated.  Unfortunately your reaction to pain medication is not unusual.  Many individuals cannot tolerate opiate based pain medication, as it causes GI symptoms such as nausea and emesis.  I would suggest that you point this out to your doctor as well, as he may be able to suggest something else for the pain.  The best to you, Kissa!...  Chuck
Bookmark and Share

Tags: