Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Metastasized cancer?  (Read 322 times)

Offline MmeMulot

• Rec's: 1
    • Poke This Member
Metastasized cancer?
« on: December 26, 2013, 05:37:51 PM »
I'm freaking out worried I have metastasized cancer. I've been having lots of pain recently, primarily in my chest and back, but also in my hip. For the past two days I've been having stabbing pain at the back of my right armpit, underneath the scapula, kind of where my bra strap meets the rest of the bra. It's really painful there! A "suggested" post just came up on my ***** timeline about a local woman who only found out she had Stage 4 breast cancer when she got back pain. My HA mind sees it a sign! I had a callback on a mammogram two years ago, and it was on my right breast. Even though they decided it was just normal breast tissue, and I've had another, normal mammogram since then, I worry they missed my cancer. I can't think of any reason I would have pulled a muscle there. I'm so worried!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Overthinking extrovert

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Calm
    Calm
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Metastasized cancer?
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2013, 05:46:56 PM »
I can't think of any reason I would have pulled a muscle there.

You are aware that people pull muscles in their sleep? Ever woken up with a pain in your neck or your back? Organ pain is specific and is very deep. It's unimstakable. Also, cancer doesn't hurt unless it's really big but then you would have a bunch of other symptoms (weight loss for example)
Bookmark and Share
It is by my will alone I set my mind in motion

Offline Vedabug54

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2013, 07:28:53 PM »
My grandmother had metaszied cancer. Stage 4 lung cancer that went to her brain. But let me tell you, she had a whole array of symptoms. It wasn't just one or two it was A LOT. And she had a cough for years that she just never got checked out... It was obvious something wasn't right with her. You can't this fear consume you. You are fine, remind yourself of that!
Bookmark and Share

Offline MmeMulot

• Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2013, 11:29:16 PM »
Thank you for the replies! I hate HA.  >:(

I have been really fatigued for awhile. Though I certainly haven't had weight loss, despite a lot of trying! Quite the opposite, in fact. :P
Bookmark and Share

Offline Pichooi

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2013, 02:50:17 AM »
I've been having similar symptoms lately (pain on lower back and a bit of chest pain). I'm trying to convince myself it's from sleeping funny and not exercising as much as I normally do. I would say if it all still hurts after a week or so get checked but it's most likely nothing.
Bookmark and Share

Offline PinkIcePrincess

• Rec's: 9
  • Mood: Stressed
    Stressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2013, 09:02:42 AM »
Hi MmeMulot,

If you are hurting through there have you had your spine checked it could be out of place anytime the spine is out of place as you know I am sure the muscles are connected to the spine so if that isn't in place It pulls the muscles and same way with the muscles if they are pulled they can make the spine hurt..
 Most of us with Anxiety,Panic and depression stay tensed up or if you are stressing you are tensed up and may not even realize it .. or like someone said pulled muscles.

I do know about Cancer my Mom has Cancer all through her except in the Brain.. so not every pain is Cancer ... try and learn to relax the body and mind and maybe get a massage and make sure you are drinking plenty of water and eating right and stretching those muscles out..

Take care,
PinkIcePrincess
Bookmark and Share

Offline ColdHands

• Rec's: 6
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2013, 01:23:30 PM »
The other poster is right.  If you had cancer that had metastized you would have a lot of other symptoms.  You read all the time people that have cancer and don't get it diagnosed till its advanced and said they didn't have any other pains. 
Frankly, I think these people are like my Grandmother was and just brush stuff off.  They probably had LOTS of symptoms, but just didn't take them seriously.  If you an HA sufferer, you will  probably never have that happen to you.  You will be so attuned to every symptom that you won't let it pass.  That's the up side of this disease.  You know your body better than anyone. 

Of course we create most of our symptoms, so most are false.
Bookmark and Share
"There is just one more thing that bothers me."  Columbo

Offline MmeMulot

• Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2013, 09:21:07 PM »
Thank you for the replies! I iced the area last night, and it's slightly less painful today. But now I'm feeling low-back pain again.

I used to have a chiropractor, but he left, so I haven't seen one in a year. I should probably find a new one. Maybe that would help. I had a massage a couple of weeks ago. I think I had been doing well in terms of exercise and relaxation for quite awhile, but the holidays have been so busy and I've been so sore I haven't done as much of it this month as usual.

I do agree that a lot of people ignore symptoms. I know a guy who ignored his stomach pains until his appendix burst! Then he drove himself to the ER. B-; (He was OK after surgery and a hospital stay.)
Bookmark and Share

Tags: