Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Feeling very detached from my surroundings  (Read 170 times)

Offline Cmack23

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Feeling very detached from my surroundings
« on: December 26, 2013, 05:29:41 PM »
This has been going on a while now, so I thought I'd post.

I feel so caught up in my self at the moment, that it really is next to impossible to connect or relate to the outside world. It's like I'm living in my head constantly, over-thinking simple things like walking or talking. I can be walking somewhere at work with a clear route and walk completely past where I was meant to be going because I feel so trapped in my body and in my head. It's like the outside world is foreign and I'm a spaceman in a space suit wondering, solo, on an empty planet.

Mentally I feel just 'not with it' too, retarded almost. I guess this part is brain fog, but the detachment is very scary and very real. I'm quite depressed and anxious, especially around people.
Bookmark and Share

Offline kconnors

• Rec's: 51
  • Mood: Calm
    Calm
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Feeling very detached from my surroundings
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2013, 06:27:36 PM »
Hi,

Sorry to hear that you are in a bit of a frustrating place . . .your symptoms are not unusual . . . you say that this has been going on for a while . . .was there a trigger? did it gradually creep up? Anxiety is like that for some folks, at least for me, and my own way around it was to really focus on connecting with external realities . . . it's not an easy process but it does become easier . . . .

I guess I would also ask if you are on any meds and if this feeling is coincidental with starting them, but I keep coming back to the key word that you use . . . over-thinking and that is what would happen to me . . . .I was so much into dissecting every event or possible event or consequence that I became isolated from what was happening around me because I could not process all the inputs so I retreated inside of me . . .

I am sure that others here probably can help you out with more concrete suggestions . . .make sure to check back whenever you can and keep in touch with us . . .take care, kc
Bookmark and Share

Tags: