Member Gallery    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Really need some reassurance  (Read 668 times)

Offline loveya14

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Really need some reassurance
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2013, 04:15:31 PM »
You have gotten some great advise here , TRUST me I know what your feeling I would be thinking the same things as you if I were anxiouse about this .....your anxiety has put a gigantic magnifying glass over the idea that somethin not perfect showed up on your blood work , it's your anxiety not the actual issue . TRUST your doctor they have studied these issues for years and years ! If there were a issue and they even had the slightest doubt they would say let's run more test their not saying that ! Try and get busy doing something else and see how your anxiety feels in a few days ...... I bet you will feel better ;)
Bookmark and Share

Offline stephtronic

• Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Hot
    Hot
  • \m/
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2013, 06:32:23 PM »
If you have truly lost faith in your doctors you can consider seeing a new doctor NOT to obsess over the liver, but to establish your long term care. If you otherwise feel like your doctors have taken good care of you, let this go. And if they aren't aware of your health anxiety, it's time to schedule an appointment and talk to them about it.
They definitely know about my health anxiety. I don't think I said anything to them directly besides the fact that I have OCD and am being treated elsewhere, but they've picked up on it along the way and are completely aware. I know I need to let this go. Both of the doctors at my office are experienced physicians with a lot of years of work to back them up. I've been seeing them for a few months now, and they've been good to me and have never given me reason to think that they're incompetent. I know that if I went somewhere else, the only reason would be for obsessing over the liver. Nothing else.

You're right too, loveya14. It's my anxiety doing this. I really do need to trust my doctors.
Bookmark and Share
My fake plants died because I did not pretend to water them.

Offline sky3942

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2013, 09:00:43 PM »
Meds will make your liver enzymes rise, even Tylenol and Ibruprophen. And I know how HA can make us obsess over the worst case  scenario I am just getting over one myself with my daughter. My doc changed my Klonapin to Ativan and upped my Paxil so I pray it will work better when I have things trigger my HA. Google is the worst thing, I am going to try to block it off my computer. It always gives you the worst case. I got on chat and talked to great group of people last night that helped me calm down a bit. So try that before you google, I know I will next time. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline ColdHands

• Rec's: 6
  • Mood: Stressed
    Stressed
  • Warm heart, strong mind, struggling liver
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2014, 04:18:08 PM »
I know this thread is old, but I was reading it to get some reassurance again on my own liver issues and found that I had posted on here to reassure someone else!  haha, wow, how the worm turns.

I haven't had my U/S yet, but will be in another week.  I had postponed it, but I went to the ER Friday for gyno pain (actually have a growing fibroid), and they tested my blood and found my liver levels high.  The doctor there seemed more concerned than my GP, but not enough to keep me or anything.

I wanted to mention that i had bloodwork was done by another lab, just a month or so apart of the other lab.  The ranges of normal are different.  I freaked because they were even higher in only a months time, but when i looked at the ranges of normal, they were pretty much the same.

I also knew that i had started using lots of supplements and trying cures for my hair that probably freaked out my liver.  I see my doctor tomorrow for a followup on the ER visit, but i am having some discomfort in my Upper right quadrant.  you can have pain if your levels are pretty high, but not for the levels you had here.

Just to give you some perspective, my ALT was 80, my AST was 94 and my Alk Phos was 500

between 2 and 4 times normal on all three.  so, it could be worse....
Bookmark and Share
"There is just one more thing that bothers me."  Columbo

Offline Hypo84

• Rec's: 17
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2014, 04:36:20 PM »
I also had alt ast higher than normal, doctors said it was nothing and just to repeat test in couple of months. But, dr Google said some scary stuff, so I tested myself for all kinds of hepatitis and madr my life misdrable in the process.

My current therapist told me that I need to stop googling completely when I get new symptoms, and that would be my advice to you.

Take care
Bookmark and Share

Offline ColdHands

• Rec's: 6
  • Mood: Stressed
    Stressed
  • Warm heart, strong mind, struggling liver
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2014, 05:09:07 PM »
Good advice!  I was doing well and then the crippling gyno pain, so no choice but to see the tests.  The ER doc seemed very concerned about my liver tests 

I told her i was aware they were high, but she said they weren't high enough to warrant additional testing (though she wanted to do an US there) but i told her i had one scheduled, so she decided not to do.  She said she couldn't medically justify in an emergency situation to do the test.

so i guess I should take that as something
Bookmark and Share
"There is just one more thing that bothers me."  Columbo

anything