Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Terrified of diabetes, currently panicking over diabetic shock, need help  (Read 196 times)

Offline SillyBear

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
I haven't been really worried about anything like this in month but here we go again :(

Recently I've been avoiding sugary food and drinks out of fear of diabetes, specifically type 1. I've been experiencing some soreness in my abdomen after peeing, and I've gone through days on and off of slightly increased urination. I've been getting a lot of flashing dots in my vision recently and I've been a bit more tired than usual. I had a day a few days ago where I had hours of itchiness all over my body. I've also gotten a few patches of dry dark rough skin and feeling a little bit more tired recently. I've also been getting reoccurring burning sensations in my feet, and any injuries I'm getting take a long time to heal.

I was out shopping today and decided to get a fruit juice and ignore my anxieties around it. Bad idea. I've been slightly nauseous since and I'm getting a bit of reflux too. I'm really worried about this as I'm terrified that I'm going into diabetic shock as I also have a really bad cold. I'm 17 years old, my normal weight of around 8 an a half stone and no diabetes runs in my family, except my mothers cousin who was type 1 and unfortunately passed very suddenly today ( which I'm sure made my already existent fears worse).

Somebody please help me with their thoughts I don't know what to do I'm still nauseous and I'm terrified of having undiagnosed type 1 diabetes and currently going into shock.
Bookmark and Share

Offline 2sungo

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Terrified of diabetes, currently panicking over diabetic shock, need help
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2013, 05:09:23 PM »
Thanks for replying to my post, I think I help you with this in return.  From what I understand and have seen, with Type 1 diabetes the symptoms are pretty dramatic, there is no subtleness about it.   It is also easy to get acid reflux from fruit juice, most are acidic, some like orange juice especially so, I don't drink it for that reason.   Nausea not so much, but if you are anxious about it, that's where the nausea can come in.  If you are still worried, one trip to the doc or a simple blood test can definitely rule out Type 1 diabetes.  And you are too young to get Type II, you probably have really good genes that greatly reduce your chances of getting it since it is not in your family tree, not many of us can say the same thing.  Hope this helps, but like the rest of us you will need to find a way to deal with the anxiety, b/c in in my experience logic only works so much for us when it comes to HA, but when the anxiety itself is under control the HA wanes considerably too.  Good luck!
Bookmark and Share