Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Hi all.  (Read 70 times)

Offline EdnaLegume

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Hi all.
« on: December 26, 2013, 11:56:06 AM »
Sort of still reeling from everything that's been happening to me in the past few weeks. Went from being what I thought was perfectly fine, to a complete mess, nearly 24/7 anxiety and panic attacks.  Just starting on Celexa (day 10 today) and 'enjoying' the lovely side effects but pressing on nonetheless.

In pondering how I got here it would now seem I've always had a problem with anxiety and depression. Just never noticed until it got really bad.  So the past few years I've been hopping on and off zoloft whenever I felt I was getting 'down' but I don't believe I ever gave it enough time to really work before I deemed myself "fine" and would taper off.

At some point over recent years I became consumed with my health and diagnosing myself online. Of course that always works out really well.  ::)  That combined with a tough year, just sort of sent me over the edge I guess and while I was convinced I had a B12 deficiency, my doctor knew otherwise.  She called today in fact with the results of my bloodwork... and as expected I'm fine.  ::)

I do feel better mentally but the side effects of the meds are rough but I'm optimistic this is what I need to get back to earth before I can begin other forms of therapy.  I've at least gotten past the point of preferring to be dead (not ***** mind you) to what I was experiencing.

I still fight with wanting to know what's wrong with me, why I'm this way, how to fix it IMMEDIATELY, but I'm also better able to recognize this is the HA and I'm not facing some terminal illness (allegedly).

So I've decided to seek out others going through something similar. My family is wonderful but they simply can't relate. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 152
    • Poke This Member
Re: Hi all.
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2013, 04:44:26 PM »
Welcome to the forum. Good to have you as a member. Here you are with like minded people. People who understand. As we all suffer from something or other. So feel free to ask any questions. Our members are always willing to help others out. Good chatroom too. 3 posts to enter the room.

Find the correct section of the forum that suits your condition and create a new topic on it. This is just a welcome section. Never really get the same amount of help in this section as you would on the other sections of the forums. So whatever one suits the questions you are asking. Get much better answers.
All users of the chatroom must be 18 years old or over. The room is off limits to anybody under the age of 18.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Tags:

anything