Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Newcomer and in need of friends to talk to  (Read 77 times)

Offline Shawnn

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Newcomer and in need of friends to talk to
« on: December 26, 2013, 09:19:12 AM »
Hello,
My name is Shawnn and I am new to this chat. I have never tried one of these forums before, but I'm in need of people to talk to.
A little about myself: my first real big panic attack was in 1999, I was taking an exam to get into college and I had to run out of the room, I ended up in the hospital and that's where it all started. I was agoraphobic for 3 months. I was living with my mom at that time and I couldn't even let her leave for work. I haven't been agoraphobic since then, but I have had major panic attacks and anxiety everyday. I haven't lived alone since then and my mother is about to move out and I will be living alone with my daughter and I am very anxious. I don't know how to deal with it. I would love to just have some support out there since my family doesn't and just says "it's all in your head" " get over it" "grow up" all the things that make your anxiety worse. Hope to chat with someone soon. Thanks
Bookmark and Share

Offline Leo99

• Rec's: 5
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Newcomer and in need of friends to talk to
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2013, 09:30:21 AM »
Hello Shawn and welcome to Anxiety Zone!

Glad you've decided to join us. This community is all about sharing experience and support.
Unfortunately, as you know it, anxiety is not 'just in our heads'. We cannot just 'get over it'. We can, however, find ways to deal with it. There are no universal paths so it's a long struggle sometimes. But communities like this can help and ease the way.

My advice would be for you to check out the AZ and find the sections/forums you have interest in. Feel free to post or start a new topic. 'Introduce yourself' section is a good place to start but usually gets less attention from fellow members as other forums.
We also have a chat, which is open for all members over age of 18, who have made 3 meaningful posts.

All the best on your way to recovery  :action-smiley-065:!
Bookmark and Share
From childhood's hour I have not been
As others were; I have not seen
As others saw; I could not bring
My passions from a common spring.
(E. A. Poe)

Tags: