Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: 9 months and never leave home  (Read 576 times)

Offline MR PA

• Rec's: 1
    • Poke This Member
9 months and never leave home
« on: December 25, 2013, 11:19:02 PM »
At the start of this i could go food shopping doc appointments and now i cant even really get out off bed.I get dizzy a lot,i try to do at least a 16 min walk to times a day.I get dizzy and my heart races around 130-140 beats a min.
Im so scared ill never get better.Longest i was ever bad was 2 years but compared to this dizzness stuff its the worst ever.
Before i just had panic attaks and some worry.Now i get dizzy and never stop worrying

FML
Bookmark and Share

Offline cutecat25

• Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Indescribable
    Indescribable
    • Poke This Member
Re: 9 months and never leave home
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2013, 11:45:44 PM »
I feel dizzy all the time! Like i'm on a boat!
Have you heard of Claire Weeks and her book 'Hope And Help For Your Nerves? Or Paul David and his book 'At Last A Life?' Both are great books that talk about how our nerves have become sensitized from constant stress and tension and that is why we feel so crappy all the time. We need to learn to 100% these symptoms and loose our fear of them, in order to get rid of the symptoms.
Bookmark and Share
Check out my Anxiety And Depression Youtube Channel:

http://youtu.be/yohg_juVlZg

Offline Billie

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2013, 09:02:07 PM »
I'm coming on two years. In that time the farthest I've been was across town maybe fifteen minutes away a few times. Or I've ridden around the block or neighborhood once a week at most. It really stinks I want to get back to normal. Baby steps I guess.
Bookmark and Share

Offline MR PA

• Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2013, 02:46:58 AM »
I feel dizzy all the time! Like i'm on a boat!
Have you heard of Claire Weeks and her book 'Hope And Help For Your Nerves? Or Paul David and his book 'At Last A Life?' Both are great books that talk about how our nerves have become sensitized from constant stress and tension and that is why we feel so crappy all the time. We need to learn to 100% these symptoms and loose our fear of them, in order to get rid of the symptoms.

ill have to check those books out
Bookmark and Share

Online tinam7

• Rec's: 76
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2013, 08:26:51 AM »
Tough as it is we can't give in. Force the baby steps every day. Insist on getting out every day, walking or short drives. Anything.

Maybe you can get to your library and find books on CBT, if you want to recondition your mind on your own. Or seek therapy and maybe some mild meds might help. But don't give in day after day. Give it a try and keep us posted.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Julie A. Cook

• Rec's: 5
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2014, 04:37:05 PM »
Unfortunately, we have to face our fears as real and as frightening as they seem to overcome them.  I know it's hard, but with a little anti-anxiety medication it gets easier.  Good luck toyou and keep fighting thegood fight!  Best regards,  JulieA. Cook
Bookmark and Share

Offline everette

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2014, 12:33:26 AM »
i have been at home for over a month.  Yesterday my wife asked me to go with her to the grocery store so I forced my self to but was glade to get back home.
I guess I need to start getting out and doing things maybe that will help.
Bookmark and Share

Offline el-k

• Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2014, 10:56:30 PM »
Hope things are going better for you, MR PA; I have dizziness most of the time, too, and unfortunately, the frequent episodes can cause you to withdraw more and more. The Clare Weeks book is good and the audio version, which is read by her, is quite amusing because of her passion & intensity for her subject. I found comfort and entertainment in listening to her describe how we are able to overcome this beast of anxiety! I think I need to listen again! :happy0151: Take care.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: