Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: It's christmas day and I have already worried about 3 types of cancers!!!  (Read 179 times)

Offline Venomsoar

• Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Stomach, Penis and Oral Cancer to be specific. I am only 21 as well - meaning I am the lowest risk for all of them.

I have burning in my stomach which leads me to worry about Stomach Cancer. I have a little white spot on my inner bottom lip which reoccurs after I pop it (with my teeth) - it is only 1mm big as well - and most likely a common mouth ulcer due to my anxiety. And as for my Penis, well… I don't want to be specific.

Now, of course, it is practically impossible to have all three. So my anxiety seems to juggle between all three of them at different times.

Why, oh why does this happen during Christmas Day? The day that I was usually least anxious before my health anxiety disorder. It really is draining me out now… I just cannot stop worrying about something.

My anxiety grade has been a high 9 (out of 10) - it is about 3 at the moment. This psychological damage is surely going to exhibit itself with physical symptoms in the upcoming days. I wouldn't be surprised if I start getting daily headaches soon...
Bookmark and Share

Offline mct425

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: It's christmas day and I have already worried about 3 types of cancers!!!
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2013, 10:37:51 AM »
Try to take a few deep breaths and focus on Christmas right now.  You're right-the chance of having all 3 cancers at the exact same time is not realistic at all.  The mouth sore could be an ulcer--I know I get them when I'm stressed and/or anxious.  Try not to pop it because that makes it last longer and get worse.  Perhaps a little Listerine or salt water on it to help dry it up?

The stomach burning could be acid-eat some bread to help absorb it and drink some warm water.  Sometimes that'll do it quicker than anything.  It could also be a result of your worrying :)

Bookmark and Share

Offline Venomsoar

• Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: It's christmas day and I have already worried about 3 types of cancers!!!
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2013, 10:57:21 AM »
Thank you for the response. I am not too worried at the moment. I feel mildly anxious. I am just a little worried now about the nights - when my anxiety is at its worse.

I am pretty confident that my stomach burning is down to anxiety. This is because the burning usually becomes less severe or usually stops when I am not thinking/worrying about it. I have had it for 9 days and I am taking antacids at the moment but it has no effect - which convinces me even more that this is because it is the result of anxiety.

I may leave my ulcer for a little while before trying to treat it. It is this that I am most worried about at the moment. I don't know why to be honest.

But thank you and I hope you enjoy the day.  :happy0151:
Bookmark and Share

Tags: