Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Can't swallow!!!  (Read 172 times)

Offline NervousLuke

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Can't swallow!!!
« on: December 25, 2013, 05:58:39 AM »
I couldn't even enjoy my christmas dinner today because every time I took a bite of food, it was really hard to swallow. It was like my throat muscles quit on me and were closing up. So I skipped going for seconds and just went hungry.  :traurig001: This has been happening on and off recently and it's frustrating me. Could this be acid reflux? My allergist doctor suggested that I might have it after I told him I had a cough at night and after reviewing the history I have of having a tight chest. I hate taking medication, but if acid reflux medication would help, I wouldn't mind. I just want to enjoy food again, and I've been actually eating less because of how hard it is to eat. The actual worst part is how much less energy I feel more than usual and how I can barely form thoughts together because I can only think about how hungry I am, but I can't eat! That's how bad this is getting.  :traurig001:
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 152
    • Poke This Member
Re: Can't swallow!!!
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2013, 06:13:52 AM »
It could be reflux. Worth having it checked out. But a lot of people with anxiety find it hard to swallow at the best of times. For most of them it is their anxiety. Just another symptom. But look into the reflux. At least that can be treated. You might find an answer and be able to enjoy your food again.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline marc

• Community Greeter
  • Rec's: 61
  • Mood: Busy
    Busy
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2013, 08:38:07 AM »
My GI physician told me that difficulty swallowing and a cough can be signs of reflux. It is worth getting checked
out by a GI physician.
Bookmark and Share
If you're going through hell, keep going.
Never, Never, Never, give up.

Offline Cattia

• Rec's: 1
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2013, 04:33:10 PM »
I get this too and recently had major problems swallowing for a week. I have chronic sinus issues and I believe that my issues are caused by tmj. I am visiting my dentist soon to see about getting a bite guard for the night as I have read that this really helps with the tight throat problem.
Bookmark and Share

Offline bananeh

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Confused
    Confused
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2013, 05:28:02 PM »
Oh I had this may years ago when I was a kid. I used to chew my food 3 times than normal since swallowing was scary to me. It's still with me but is limited to pills! I cannot swallow large pills. You are too focused on it. Hope it can help.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: