Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Urine hesitancy/MS fear is killing me  (Read 266 times)

Offline bananeh

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Confused
    Confused
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Urine hesitancy/MS fear is killing me
« on: December 25, 2013, 04:09:14 AM »
Hello!

I am undergoing a really really bad MS fear attack! Mine is not a pure anxiety though, since I have Lhermitte's sign and an abnormal MRI!
This is my background:
a special kind of Lhermitte's sign (chiefly after exercising, I feel a single needle on my skin when bending my neck. Sometimes it's stronger though and is like someone grabs my hand!! My neuro said it's not very Lhermitte's!! Though I dont believe him!)
a spot in my c-spine MRI (which makes me a potential candidate for MS but my neurologist just ignored that and I dont know why!)
Now I have a new symptom which is urine hesitancy. It first happened when I tried to pee right before going to bed. I did not have the urge to pee but I just did that because I waned to go to bed! So, It took me 10 seconds to start peeing and of course I panicked a lot. It's been a week that I have the symptom on and off and I think it is worsening. It does not happen when I feel really full. But as a hypo, I go to the bathroom (even without the need to pee) to see if the problem has resolved or not and of course it's still there. Each time I do this, it takes me few seconds to start peeing. I have a bathroom phobia now!! Has anybody experienced such a symptom?
Anyway I think I need to see a neurologist to check for MS. My last visit was 2 yrs ago and nobody told me to revisit!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Ihadcancer

• Rec's: 3
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Urine hesitancy/MS fear is killing me
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2013, 11:56:39 AM »
I have L'Hermitte's Sign and it sounds nothing like what you've described. Mine was caused by chemo.  I would describe it as a sonic boom in my feet when I look down.

Urine hesitancy is listed as a 'black box' side effect on almost every anxiety type med.  It's of no concern, just takes longer for those muscles to relax. 

Bookmark and Share

Offline NytViolet

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2013, 12:56:54 PM »
I spent years afraid of ms...when Ithink of the ttime I wasted!  I ddon't know if this will help, but I have had difficulty emptying my bladder for 16 years!  I have a very weak urine stream, and I must often strain or lean forward to fully empty my bladder.  My MRI was clear, so I spent years without answers.  Several years later I was correctly dxd with fibromyalgia, and many fibro sufferers have this same exact symptom.  Doesn't mean you have fibro, but it DOES mean that pinched nerves or nerve inflammation can cause this symptom.  Here I am 16 years later, happily married, working full time, and definitely not in a wheelchair!  Neuros gaze at MRI results all day long...if u had ms, your doctor would've told you and started you on meds to prevent progression (he doesn'twant a lawsuit).  Stop analyzing your bathroom habits and give your poor, overworked mind a rest my dear.  Hugs and blessings.  :action-smiley-065:
Bookmark and Share
God does not give us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind. 2 Timothy 1:7

Offline bananeh

Confused
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2013, 02:27:05 PM »
Thank you very much for your answers! I think I am too focused on the symptom. I used to ruin my holidays each time because I am not busy with my work and I need to make something up to keep my hypo mind busy  :yes: . I'll try to stop it!  :winking0008:

Happy holidays!
Bookmark and Share

Offline bananeh

Confused
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2013, 08:59:22 PM »
Out of curiosity, do you know how much delay is considered normal?
Bookmark and Share