Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Abdominal Pain and Pelvic Issues-Fearing for my life  (Read 210 times)

Offline BEli

• Just Joined!
  • Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Abdominal Pain and Pelvic Issues-Fearing for my life
« on: December 25, 2013, 03:13:12 AM »
I've never been the anxious type before with my health, I was always anxious of tornadoes/natural disasters etc as a child. When I got breast augmentation surgery was the first time I was anxious due to being put to sleep. But now I am as anxious as I may have ever been, I now have frequent panic attacks and think about my pain all the time, all day and all day. Not having a solution to it, scares the life out of me. And here is why:

Three weeks ago, while having sexual intercourse, the inner right side on my vaginal wall, got so sore, I wanted to puke and thought my appendix ruptured. I went to the ER, and said that the pain was excruciating, and that I had a constant pain in the vaginal wall, as well as near where my right ovary would be. So the doctor gave me a PAP test and a pelvic exam, and felt around my abdomen. While he was doing my pelvic exam, I again thought he was killing me with the excruciating pain I was in when he touched that right wall. He then sent me for a urinalysis, and a round of basic blood work. (he was thinking I have PID, or Endometriosis or cysts) He gave me a requisition for an ultrasound, sent me home with a shot of morphine and said for me to return to the ER tomorrow for the US. I arrived for my US, and was very angry, the technician doing it, could not locate my ovary, or my pancreas or my appendix. So the results were inconclusive. The doctor who was in the ER that day was not the same as the previous night, and he looked at me, said "your results are clean and inconclusive so you should go home, or you could stay and get a CT contrast dye scan." I insisted on the scan, but he pulled me aside and accused me of being there to get narcotics. Some four hours later, I got my CT done, and the same doctor who accused me of faking read the results to me, he said there was nothing wrong with me, and that there was a small amount of fluid in my abdomen from what he believed to be a small cyst and he sent me home with naproxen. Now here is what worries me, in the last three weeks, I have barely had any bowel movements, and my bowels were fine before hand. I did do a colon cleanse saline flush this past sunday because I was panicking about the amount of time that had passed. The pain was gone for three days, and now has returned since I got my period. I am scared because loose fluid in the abdomen is usually a sign of cancer, or serious complications. (I'm a medical student). I'm a 20yo female, no kids, no nothing.  The pain has not gotten worse, but it has moved closer to my hip bone, and almost feels like a constant pulled muscle. So now I am so scared and confused. I have also since July of this year, has extremely painful periods, to the point where I thought I was pregnant and did no know it, it hurt so bad. Has anybody experienced this before? Or am I going insane, I can't see a GYNO until at least the 17th of January. And I still don't know if I should just go back to the ER. I am fearing for my life.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Leo99

• Rec's: 5
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Abdominal Pain and Pelvic Issues-Fearing for my life
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2013, 12:14:32 PM »
Hello BEli,

welcome to Anxiety Zone!
I am no doctor and cannot provide you with any medical insight as regards your medical status. I would say to go back to er if your pain gets really bad. That is why er exist, to help people in pain (and/or danger of course).
From my own experience I can say endometriosis can bring on major menstrual pain and inflammations (that is one thing the docs were considering with u, right?) and usually cannot be diagnosed with an ultrasound etc., only by laparascopy. If that should be your diagnosis, it is no danger in waiting until January 17th, I think. Perhaps it's nothing specific at all.

I just wanted to let you know you're not alone. Keep us updated if you like. Wishing you peaceful, pain and worry free holidays  :action-smiley-065:. Hugs. Leo99
Bookmark and Share
From childhood's hour I have not been
As others were; I have not seen
As others saw; I could not bring
My passions from a common spring.
(E. A. Poe)