Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Its Xmas Eve, and I am HAing over my cat =(  (Read 152 times)

Offline soccerash21

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Its Xmas Eve, and I am HAing over my cat =(
« on: December 24, 2013, 11:20:45 PM »
hi guys.

so here's my deal-

around 3 today I found  a yellow spot on my carpet, and thought it was pee from my cat. She has never peed on the floor, and I realized that she was using the litter box more than normal it seemed. So I took her to a vet and just spent the last 4 hours there. They did an ultrasound and said they found some crystals but that was normal, and that everything looked good on the ultrasound. They also did a urine test and found out she has a UTI, and gave her antibiotics and sent us on our way. The doctor seemed convinced it was a UTI, but I am FREAKED it was something else that was missed. And now my husband said the spot that I thought was pee smells like throw up. The vet said that there was some white blood cells or red blood cells (now i can't remember) in her urine, which is how they figured it was  A UTI. She has been acting completely normal, eating and all, so I didn't even know there was anything wrong with her. So my fear is, I waited for however long she has had this, and there is something else that they missed and now i'm freaked. He said if she isn't better after the antibiotics are up to bring her back in. How the heck am i supposed to know if she's better if she has been acting normal in the first place? why must my HA be so bad? :(

He said she has a uti, seemed confident that was all that was wrong, and that was it. Why am i so paranoid? =(
Bookmark and Share

Offline jmcewan

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Its Xmas Eve, and I am HAing over my cat =(
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2013, 11:36:38 PM »
My cat does this constantly 6/10 it is because of a hairball that she yacked up. The other 4/10 is because she is a fatty and eats without breathing and then throws up. And then eats that. Because she is a fatty.
Bookmark and Share

Offline MmeMulot

• Rec's: 1
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2013, 11:46:16 PM »
UTIs are very common in cats. Vets are very used to seeing them. Sounds like they did good tests and antibiotics should clear it up.
Bookmark and Share

Offline soccerash21

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2013, 04:03:11 PM »
Hi guys,

Thanks for the quick responses. I know her vet said that there was bacteria in her urine, hence the antibiotics. She's been going to the bathroom in her litter box fine and has been eating normally, she has just seemed lethargic today but it may just be me spazzing. I'm going to keep a close eye on her, but am really trying to just accept the fact that he ran a test, did an ultrasound, and said she has a UTI. Thanks again for the help- merry christmas!
Bookmark and Share

Offline stefv86

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2013, 09:50:45 PM »
Hey,
My kitty used to get uti's all the time, and we only ever knew when she had one when she would pee outside her box. try not to worry too much, I'm pretty sure there is only blood in their urine if they have a uti. Go snuggle your kitty and merry Christmas!
Bookmark and Share

Tags: