Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Christmas Eve Introduction And Question :D  (Read 113 times)

Offline Equalizer

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Christmas Eve Introduction And Question :D
« on: December 24, 2013, 04:40:21 PM »

Hello everyone,

My name is Michael, I'm twenty two years old and I was diagnosed with an anxiety disorder about two years ago. I have issues generally when I have to get into a car, which is strange because it is not like anything bad has ever happened to me in a vehicle like a crash.

At the time I was going through stuff like my taking care of my sick Grandfather, my uncle had killed himself and another friend died of cancer. There was a lot on my plate and the anxiety disorder began to run my life and I went into a deep depression. I was able to snap out of that and for the last year I was doing really well, including going out with friends and finally being able to attend family functions. My jobs is quite stressful as I am a writer (I know, maybe not the best career choice for someone like me, but I love writing, always have).

I have a friend also living with an anxiety disorder which is slightly different from me, so we talk all the time. She has no issue with going out in the car. Why I joined was recently (about three months ago) I began getting lightheaded. It got bad one night and I went to the hospital, he said it was probably my allergies, a month past and I was back at the hospital because I began having chest pain, they did every test known to man on me and it came up clear although he did find it strange that my heart rate went up when I stood. Although they never checked my head at all.

I'm now at a point where I am not really lightheaded, but I sort of have this pressure behind my eyes and I can't really stay focused. I have a sore neck and I've been getting tired early now, even when I don't do anything strenuous during the day. I haven't been able to enjoy the holidays the same.

I just want to know this is anxiety and what I could do to make myself better. I've read a lot and everyone saying they've had the same issue and it was anxiety, but there is that stupid voice in the back of my head that says it's something really bad and I keep thinking I could die as ridiculous as that sounds. Can anyone put my mind at ease? Because I want to get it down a bit so I can go see my doctor in Toronto, but of course the car is my enemy at this point. I just don't want to get into another rut like I was before.

Oh and just to be specific, if I get in the car and too far from home I begin having a panic attack.

Sorry for writing something so long, but yeah... I'm glad to be apart of this community, where there are multiple people who know what I'm going through.

Cheers
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 151
    • Poke This Member
Re: Christmas Eve Introduction And Question :D
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2013, 06:08:07 AM »
Welcome to the forum. Good to have you as a member. Here you are with like minded people. People who understand. As we all suffer from something or other. So feel free to ask any questions. Our members are always willing to help others out. Good chatroom too. 3 posts to enter the room.

Find the correct section of the forum that suits your condition and create a new topic on it. This is just a welcome section. Never really get the same amount of help in this section as you would on the other sections of the forums. So whatever one suits the questions you are asking. Get much better answers.
All users of the chatroom must be 18 years old or over. The room is off limits to anybody under the age of 18.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline Equalizer

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2013, 09:55:29 AM »
Thanks Cuchulan, appreciate the reply :D I'll post my question in the correct place. I think I'll wait to do so after Christmas though haha. Cheers and Merry Christmas!
Bookmark and Share

Offline TressaDras

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2013, 08:31:43 AM »
I too have issues with riding in cars.  I can drive fine, but I have panic attacks when other people drive.

If one more person tells me to "relax" I'm gonna scream!

:sprachlos020:
Bookmark and Share