Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Need your support and advice  (Read 90 times)

Offline Anxietyfilled

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Need your support and advice
« on: December 24, 2013, 02:44:51 PM »
I have only had one unprotected sexual encounter 9.5 years ago.  It was a girl I met at a bar after a night of drinking on vacation.  I felt so guilty the next day worrying about diseases, especially HIV.  I surfed the internet for symptoms and immediately started checking my neck glands and poking at them.  A week later they slightly swelled.  One larger than the other.  No other symptoms....no fever, no sore throat, no rash.  I work in healthcare and hear about HIV often, so it has recently made me think back to this incident.  Is there a chance that I could have HIV after all this time?  I never got tested.  I also felt a small node on my right collar bone that I have read could be a symptom of lymphoma that is tied into late stages of HIV.  It is still there from when I noticed it 9.5 years ago checking glands for potential HIV.  I have never had any problems with it though, it is just there.  So maybe it is a bone, I'm not sure.  However, I heard you can be asymptomatic for 10 years or longer.  Would I have seen late stage symptoms of HIV by now? Is a home kit rapid test reliable? Or should I go to a clinic?  I need peace of mind, but terrified of potential results.  I have a great life and career and this would be horrible.  Thank you for your input.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 151
    • Poke This Member
Re: Need your support and advice
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2013, 04:28:39 PM »
Welcome to the forum. Good to have you as a member. Here you are with like minded people. People who understand. As we all suffer from something or other. So feel free to ask any questions. Our members are always willing to help others out. Good chatroom too. 3 posts to enter the room.

Find the correct section of the forum that suits your condition and create a new topic on it. This is just a welcome section. Never really get the same amount of help in this section as you would on the other sections of the forums. So whatever one suits the questions you are asking. Get much better answers.
All users of the chatroom must be 18 years old or over. The room is off limits to anybody under the age of 18.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Tags: