Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: I had a really good week last week!  (Read 206 times)

Offline BusuB

• Rec's: 2
    • Poke This Member
I had a really good week last week!
« on: December 24, 2013, 11:34:17 AM »
On my 7th week of clomipramine, I had a good week.  Minimal anxiety, good mood, good sleep, work was productive, the works!  Now, the last couple days, it's been crud again. What's going on?  Is this a sign the med isn't working?  I'm doing my checking again (drug research), something I haven't done in a couple weeks.  Going up on the med isn't an option right now as I actually had to step down a couple weeks ago because the SE's were unbearable.
Bookmark and Share

Offline insights

• Rec's: 67
  • Mood: Curious
    Curious
    • Poke This Member
Re: I had a really good week last week!
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2013, 04:04:10 PM »
Going up on the med isn't an option right now as I actually had to step down a couple weeks ago because the SE's were unbearable.

What dose are you now on and what side-effects did you have?

Ian
Bookmark and Share
NOTE: I'm not a doctor, and particularly not yours, so there may be factors I'm unaware of. Therefore all advice is of a general nature and you should consult your doctor before following any of it, especially before changing med doses.

Offline BusuB

• Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2013, 04:45:47 PM »
Going up on the med isn't an option right now as I actually had to step down a couple weeks ago because the SE's were unbearable.

What dose are you now on and what side-effects did you have?

Ian

Only on 50.  At 75 I was getting mild akathisia like side effects that my pdoc felt might have been related to the NE.  That combined with the excess fatigue, and constipation lead us to the decision to lower the dose.  I reduced that about 2 weeks ago.  One week afterwards was my good week.

Bookmark and Share

Offline BusuB

• Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2013, 06:17:55 PM »
A couple other things, on Sunday, I switched from 2 25mg pills to 1 50mg pill, and the manufacturer changed from Sandoz to Mylan, but I don't see how that would affect anything.

I may be coming down with a flu.  Maybe that?
Bookmark and Share

Offline insights

• Rec's: 67
  • Mood: Curious
    Curious
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2013, 06:37:55 PM »
Only on 50.  At 75 I was getting mild akathisia like side effects that my pdoc felt might have been related to the NE.  That combined with the excess fatigue, and constipation lead us to the decision to lower the dose

Unfortunately, 50mg usually isn't enough. Even 75mg is right at the low end of the therapeutic range. You will probably need to take at least 100mg. The fatigue will ease over time, but constipation tends to be an ongoing issue so eat plenty of fiber and stay well hydrated (water is best).

I may be coming down with a flu.  Maybe that?

Perhaps. But more likely an inadequate dose.

Ian

Bookmark and Share
NOTE: I'm not a doctor, and particularly not yours, so there may be factors I'm unaware of. Therefore all advice is of a general nature and you should consult your doctor before following any of it, especially before changing med doses.

Tags: