Member Gallery    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: I hate waiting for blood test results....  (Read 1182 times)

Offline Brooke2288

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: I hate waiting for blood test results....
« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2013, 04:19:01 PM »
Yes, this is my first pregnancy. Being my first pregnancy and having twins, it can be stressful at times with all the worrying. I think my anxiety seems to be higher ever since I've been pregnant. It's probably because in the back of my mind I worry about something being wrong with me when I now have two little ones on the way who need me. If my blood work comes back a little off, I'm going to try really hard to believe that it is from my pregnancy, but I know it will be in the back of my head that it is something worse. That is how health anxiety works I guess!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Brooke2288

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2013, 11:20:54 AM »
So I got my results back this morning. My thyroid and electrolytes were all normal but with my CBC I have a slightly elevated WBC. This freaked me out a little but the nurse I talked to said that it was only slightly raised and that can be normal with pregnancy, especially with twins. I'm trying really hard to take her word for it and I'm assuming if it was alarmingly high that I would have been told to come back in to retest...anyone have any advice on this?
Bookmark and Share

Offline 2sungo

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2013, 12:35:53 PM »
don't know about pregnancy effect on wbc but any kind if slight infection like a cold could raise them a bit.   Nothing to be alarmed about if the doc isn't alarmed, wbc can vary from test to test too.
Bookmark and Share

Offline hamsterswheel

• Rec's: 8
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2013, 12:48:06 PM »
Brooke

It is 100% normal for WBC to be raised in pregnancy.

My obgyn told me this.

I promise you x
Bookmark and Share

Offline Brooke2288

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2013, 06:05:51 PM »
Thanks for the replies. I'm sure the slightly raised wbc is from the pregnancy but there's always a little worry in the back of my mind all the time. I'm trying to tell myself that if it were lymphoma that it wouldn't be just slightly raised. And the nurse did not say I needed to come back in to do more blood work
Bookmark and Share

Offline airmanssweetie

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2013, 07:04:28 PM »
 :sad0126: pregnancy can be so stressful and worrying!  That's one of the bad things I hated about being pregnant! I'm glad your results came back and that there's nothing wrong!  Hang in there momma! :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline Brooke2288

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2013, 11:15:36 PM »
Yeah, I've been pretty anxious this entire pregnancy. The blood tests always freak me out because of my lymphoma fears. I still can't quite get the slightly raised wbc out of my mind. I'm trying really hard to trust my doctor that raised wbc during pregnancy is common...
Bookmark and Share

Offline Brooke2288

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2014, 08:55:50 PM »
So I had another OB appointment today now that I am almost 27 weeks pregnant with my twins and I asked my doctor about my results. the normal range for wbc goes up to 10 and mine was only 11. he said that range doesn't even apply to pregnant women since wbc is usually slightly raised when pregnant and that it all looked normal. So I wasted a month freaking out about nothing....once again  ::)
Bookmark and Share

Tags:

anything