Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Worries about healt  (Read 99 times)

Offline Ambushinthebush

• Just Joined!
  • Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Worries about healt
« on: December 23, 2013, 06:59:47 PM »
hello!

I am new to this forum but I have been lurking around for a while. This is a great community. I have been diagnosed with mitral valve prolapse and mobitz I. My doctor says it's ok, but the feelings of missed beats and pauses has made a very anxious man. I overreact to every small feeling I get in my body. a year ago I got tingling sensation in my body during a roadtrip and I spent a full day in foreign hospital to find out what is wrong. Two days ago I had a party with my friends and now the feeling has come back, but with sudden episodes of dizziness and feelings like I am losing control over my body. It has made me very anxious.... I have noticed that the problem does not exist when I am in the middle of something but I can't rest or go to bed as this gives me opportunity to think about what is happening in my body. And to make things worse, Im at staying at the countryside for the holidays and I don't have any opportunity to get help from any doctor. What should I do??
Bookmark and Share

Offline michelle360

• Rec's: 5
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Worries about healt
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2013, 09:38:11 PM »
It's difficult when you have "real" health issues to not be hypervigilant about what is happening in your body. Anxiety, however, tends to make us catastrophize every little thing. My advice would be to try and take comfort I what your doctor has said about your condition. You MUST focus your energy elsewhere. It is most definately your anxiety causing the majority of your problems. Going to a hospital for more testing and check ups will not solve the problem either so that's a non issue really. I hope you can begin to feel better and welcome to the community! I'm sure there are a bunch of people here who can offer you some help with methods for managing your anxiety.
Bookmark and Share

Offline marc

• Community Greeter
  • Rec's: 61
  • Mood: Busy
    Busy
    • Poke This Member
Re: Worries about healt
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2013, 09:10:40 AM »
Welcome to anxietyzone. My sister who s now 53, has had MVP for years and has had no real issues.
MVP is relatively common and is typically well tolerated.
Bookmark and Share
If you're going through hell, keep going.
Never, Never, Never, give up.

Tags: