Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Just got back from Gyn appointment  (Read 248 times)

Offline CaliforniaDreamer

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Just got back from Gyn appointment
« on: December 23, 2013, 06:20:37 PM »
So I just had an appoinment with the Gynocologist, to mainly address the pain I am having in my right breast. She did a thorough breast exam and said everything felt perfectly normal and fibrocystic breast changes are so normal etc. I am relieved but I fear she didn't feel hard enough..like she was too gentle. Even though she did say you don't have to go pushing down really hard to find growths and lumps etc. I should trust her over 25 years in practice but anxiety sucks.

She would send me for imaging if anything felt off right?

One scary thing is there were traces of white blood cells in my urine so it has to go to the lab. She said I may not even have an infection.sometimes wb cells show up. I am worried, has anyone ever has this happen?
Bookmark and Share

Offline stephtronic

• Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Hot
    Hot
  • \m/
    • Poke This Member
Re: Just got back from Gyn appointment
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2013, 07:05:32 PM »
Your gynecologist is trained to check for those sorts of things! Trust her. If she thought there was truly anything to worry about, she would definitely have sent you to imaging not only because she cares about you as a patient but also because she cares about herself and her career! So again, if there was something to worry about, she would have sent you off right away both for your benefit and herself.

I went through a breast cancer scare a few months ago. I found a "lump" and went to the doctor. She felt it and said that she thought it was just tissue, but that she would send me for the imaging anyways just to be sure. Sure enough, it was just tissue, but I freaked out because I thought it must actually be serious because she was sending me to a hospital for images!

Breast pain can be caused be a lot of normal things. Breast pain can occur at different parts of your cycle, from gravity, from a poorly fitted bra, etc. My right boob hurts right now, and I don't know why, but I do know that it's common!

I've had white blood cells in my urine without an evident infection before. Even if you do have an infection, antibiotics generally clear it right up. Or it could have just been something flukey!
Bookmark and Share
My fake plants died because I did not pretend to water them.

Offline kcg13

• Rec's: 5
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • My mind ... both a blessing AND a curse ...
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2013, 08:50:07 PM »
You have to trust her.  It is your HA talking.  She has the experience to know what she is feeling and if testing really needs to be done.  I had that similar thing happen.  Mine were really sore, close to my cycle.  So i felt around, which I never do any time but after my cycle, and, of course, felt a lump.  Totally freaked.  Got it checked.  My Dr (pcp) said it felt like a cyst.  No further testing.  And to come back for a recheck when my cycle ended. Also told me to cut out caffeine.  Did all that.  It was gone.  Again no further testing.  She even told me breasts are lumpy and that is normal.  Going through it again right now.  Both are very sore, right before my cycle, probably lumpy though I don't want to feel & it freaks me out.  Just have to accept normalcy.  And yes, when she didn't feel further tests were required, my HA kicked into high gear, doubting and questioning, but that is when I had to deal with the anxiety disorder and NOT a breast issue.  Drs don't mess around with this.  And we really don't know what we are feeling for.  And we have to accept that breast pain happens and that is that.  I wouldn't stress about the urine thing.  Again, she didn't and it has nothing to do with your breasts, in case you are trying to make a connection.  Take some deep breaths.  Hope this helped.
Bookmark and Share
"If I could tell the world just one thing, it would be we're all ok.  And not to worry cause worry is wasteful and useless in times like these...." - "Hands" - Jewel

Offline CaliforniaDreamer

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2013, 12:19:48 AM »
Thank you both ladies! You're both right, I need to trust her as she is qualified, I'm not. I'm a little worried as I wait for the pap and blood results, but I am going to try my best to keep busy and think positive.

Thanks again!
Bookmark and Share

Tags: