Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Anxiety about sinus cancer fear  (Read 206 times)

Offline cmatthews1112

• Rec's: 0
    • Poke This Member
Anxiety about sinus cancer fear
« on: December 23, 2013, 04:58:43 PM »
Hi everyone
It's been awhile. I've recently been really worried about sinus cancer. I've had a sore in my nose that keeps coming back. My dermatologist was not worried about it. I go to a new regular doc today. Going to ask him about it and discuss my anxiety. I have been getting ear aches and dizziness so I'm jumping to conclusions that I  have sinus or brain cancer...my dear friends husband died at 45 from Pancreatic cancer 3 months ago. I watched him die over 8 months. I think this is sparking my terrible hypo right now. I don't want to go back on meds. Not sure what to do. Any advice?  I can't stop googling Sinus Cancer.

Bookmark and Share

Offline Overthinking extrovert

• Mood: Calm
    Calm
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Anxiety about sinus cancer fear
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2013, 05:11:38 PM »
Why google cancer when you can google symptoms? Ear ache and dizzyness sound like an inner ear infection. Check that out.
Bookmark and Share
It is by my will alone I set my mind in motion

Offline mct425

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2013, 02:09:41 PM »
I too have been googling sinus cancer!!!  My symptoms are:

Pressure across my nose and towards the right cheek (since October)
Teeth feeling "off"--not really sore, but kind of achy (3 weeks now)
Possible growth on roof of mouth (although it may have always been there).

I've seen two doctors who both say all is fine and that I just have "sinus pressure."  I, on the other hand, can't seem to believe them.  I'm going for a CT scan on Thursday because my ENT says I need peace of mind.  I think he's just covering himself. 

When I googled sinus tumor (stupid, stupid, stupid) I really don't have any symptoms except "sinus pressure."  But then I saw where you could have a growth in the roof of your mouth.  So I started checking and sure enough...I found something.  Although it may have always been there.  So I don't know if my mouth is bothering me because there's a tumor growing into it....or because I keep feeling for changes ALL the time.

I try to keep reminding myself that it's RARE to get a tumor in the sinuses...VERY rare according to my ENT.  He's been in practice for many many years and has only seen a few...all of which were pretty bad according to him.  He said it's pretty obvious when there's something really wrong.  I just keep thinking that all tumors start out small with simple symptoms...so maybe he's never seen the early ones?

Aaargh..I just want to enjoy the holidays and I can't because of this worry.  And I'm so hypersensitive to the big C that it seems the only commercials on tv these days are for cancer treatment centers!!!  Of course I keep thinking, "It must be a sign...." 

HA is really really frustrating :(
Bookmark and Share

Offline Overthinking extrovert

• Mood: Calm
    Calm
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2013, 02:26:24 PM »
Pressure across my nose and towards the right cheek (since October)
Teeth feeling "off"--not really sore, but kind of achy (3 weeks now)
Possible growth on roof of mouth (although it may have always been there).

First 2 are definitely sinusitis. Third couldn't be related to sinuses since maxillary sinuses are located under your eyes. The feeling in the teeth is due to dental roots going up to the maxillary sinuses which are inflamed so there's that. But a growth inside your mouth? Nope. That's probably your hypervigilance acting out. Like you said - it may have always been there.
Bookmark and Share
It is by my will alone I set my mind in motion

Tags: