Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Poll: Does this happen to anyone else?  (Read 122 times)

Offline stephtronic

• Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Hot
    Hot
  • \m/
    • Poke This Member
Poll: Does this happen to anyone else?
« on: December 23, 2013, 03:30:17 PM »
I posted this in the GAD forum because it probably extends to all sorts of anxieties, but mine are very health anxiety centered, so I'd like to get some feedback from you guys especially.

Does this ever happen to anyone else?

You wake up in the morning with this general feeling of anxiety, and you're not sure what is causing it, so you start running over things in your head trying to pinpoint what you're anxious about, and you end up going over basically every single health fear that you've ever had even if you've since "gotten over it"?

This morning I woke up feeling anxious in general. My current worry is my liver, but since I wasn't worried about anything in particular, I started thinking about all sorts of things and got myself worrying about my lymph nodes again, which I haven't done in WEEKS!

This is my first time posting a poll, so bear with me if it doesn't work right...
Bookmark and Share
My fake plants died because I did not pretend to water them.

Offline Overthinking extrovert

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Calm
    Calm
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Poll: Does this happen to anyone else?
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2013, 03:35:44 PM »
You wake up in the morning with this general feeling of anxiety, and you're not sure what is causing it

Yes. But to me it usually happens during the day. It happens more if I am too long at home without meeting some friends. I'm an extrovert, solitude brings me down. So there you have it! It's perfectly normal for someone anxious.
Bookmark and Share
It is by my will alone I set my mind in motion

Offline crazymommy

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2013, 03:39:38 PM »
This is a cycle it took me a long time to get control of -- feeling anxious and then basically looking for a situation to warrant the feelings.  And my mind couldn't rest unless I found something to match the feelings. Only after a long time have I been (mostly )able to squash that searching feeling... Either when I wake up or at a quiet moment during the day, I have to really remind myself that anxiety is it's own thing , it's not my body's way of signaling to me that something is wrong. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline stephtronic

• Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Hot
    Hot
  • \m/
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2013, 03:42:49 PM »
I have to really remind myself that anxiety is it's own thing , it's not my body's way of signaling to me that something is wrong.

That's something I definitely struggle with recognizing. I always feel like I feel anxious because my body is telling me that there is something wrong with it that I need to be worrying about, and I start going through everything that could be wrong with me! Terrible feeling. Just makes it worse.
Bookmark and Share
My fake plants died because I did not pretend to water them.

Tags: Health Anxiety poll