Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: So this is me....(and the anxiety pixie)  (Read 62 times)

Offline CammyCam

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
So this is me....(and the anxiety pixie)
« on: December 23, 2013, 08:25:27 AM »
Hey, I'm Camilla!

I've spent the best part of 5 years thinking I'm going crazy! My anxiety levels rise and fall but never subside. I can't eat, sleep or have fun without thinking about the anxiety pixie who is constantly over my shoulder! I leave parties, restaurants and social events early. I can't eat out or try new things because of the fear of having an all consuming panic attack melt down moment! That anxiety pixie is a pain in the bum. She tells me my throat is closing over or that my heart is failing. She tells me my lips and tongue are swelling or that my pulse is too quick. She sometimes convinces me that my pulse has stopped altogether... She's a crafty one! I've read books, listened to cd's, had counselling and tried herbal remedies but that pixie is clinging on for dear life.

She's trying to drag me down and for too long I've let her try.

I don't think I'm crazy... But she's doing a good job of convincing me that I am!  :angry-smiley-034:
Bookmark and Share
I didn't want normal until I didn't have it anymore....

Offline Leo99

• Rec's: 5
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: So this is me....(and the anxiety pixie)
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2013, 10:27:35 AM »
Hey Camilla/CammyCam,

welcome to Anxiety Zone! Here you will find bunch of people with similar problems on similar paths. Our pixies can be horrible at times, so true  :happy0151:, but there are ways to get around them. You are not crazy and not going crazy, but you know that.

I would suggest you look around AZ and find the forums/sections that appeal to you. Feel free to post or open a new topic.
We also have a chat here which is open for members over age 18. You will be able to join that once you have made 3 meaningful posts. Meaningful posts are nothing tricky; simply posts that consist of more than a word or two and contribute to the topic.

Nice to have you aboard. Wishing you to be pixie-free soon  :winking0008:!
Bookmark and Share
From childhood's hour I have not been
As others were; I have not seen
As others saw; I could not bring
My passions from a common spring.
(E. A. Poe)

Tags: