Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Worried about sporadic fatal insomnia  (Read 532 times)

Offline Esqless

• Just Joined!
  • Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Worried about sporadic fatal insomnia
« on: December 23, 2013, 12:04:44 AM »
Hi, I decided to make a post on this forum because I've been really worried for two months now about having this horrible disease. First, I had insomnia for about one month, with varying sleep times, but overall bad nights. I was really scared and stressed and just couldn't get into sleep normally. All that time I was obviously very tired. Some weeks ago I started to get what seems to me quality sleep with some vivid dreams and all, also without waking up at night, but I started to wake up even more tired than before and the weakness persists all day long. The fear of dying makes me very depressed and i just can't do tasks or work normally or effectively also because of the tiredness. So, in short, even after getting seemingly good night of sleep I still spend the day extremly tired, with my head heavy and some times with painful eyes, without the will to do things that I need or usually enjoyed doing. Like everybody in this forum I watched that painful documentary on fatal insomnia and since then it haunst me very single day, and I fear that despite feeling like I slept well ,I am not entering the profound sleep states. Please help.
Bookmark and Share

Offline aardvark

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Worried about sporadic fatal insomnia
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2013, 07:38:33 AM »
If you're sleeping for significant amounts of time most nights, you do not have Sporadic Fatal Insomnia. This sounds more like an episode of depression than a sleep disorder, and I'd recommend you visit your doctor for advice and support.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Esqless

• Just Joined!
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2013, 06:00:17 PM »
If you're sleeping for significant amounts of time most nights, you do not have Sporadic Fatal Insomnia. This sounds more like an episode of depression than a sleep disorder, and I'd recommend you visit your doctor for advice and support.

The weird part is that I really feel sleepy, my eyes want to close up, my head feels heavy, and even  have some headache acompanied by a tired body;and the will to do nothing but to sit or lay down. Does depression gives such feeling of sleepy brain and eyes plus headaches?
Bookmark and Share

Offline aardvark

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2013, 08:18:51 PM »
Yes, classic symptoms of depression.
Bookmark and Share

Offline stephtronic

• Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Hot
    Hot
  • \m/
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2013, 09:12:15 PM »
This very much sounds like depression. I concur.
Bookmark and Share
My fake plants died because I did not pretend to water them.