Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Semi solid Ovarian Cyst - Long Wait Over the Holidays  (Read 166 times)

Offline scooter

• Rec's: 0
    • Poke This Member
Semi solid Ovarian Cyst - Long Wait Over the Holidays
« on: December 23, 2013, 12:01:03 AM »
I could use some support to stay sane over the holidays. :(

I had a huge pain in my side over Thanksgiving for 2 days and booked a meeting with my gynecologist that occured 10 days later. He scheduled an ultrasound which I had in mid December. He called me a few days later to tell me that I had a cyst that he thinks is blood filled and may have ruptured over Thanksgiving causing the pain. He wanted to recheck it in January.  I asked him straight out if there was any danger in waiting an he said "no".  I said okay and scheduled one. All was fine, or so I thought. But then the lab paperwork comes in the mail from the test and it says "2.6 cm solid vascular mass, differential includes both malignant and benign neoplasms". This totally freaked me out.  I am 50 (not too young fro ovarian cancer) and my gynegologist did not suggest a blood test (which I understand are somewhat unreliable). I am in peri-menopause otherwise.

I have to head out to family and friends this week on the other side of the country including visiting elderly parents who need not to worry about me. Help me think in a positive way until I go on January 6th for a follow up ultrasound? I keep feeling pain in my back and my fears are definitely rising. I don't want to be consumed by terror for the next two weeks.

Thank you in advance!
Bookmark and Share

Online Brick5711

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Semi solid Ovarian Cyst - Long Wait Over the Holidays
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2013, 09:03:10 AM »
I would call him. Tell him your concerns and ask what the malignant and benign neoplasms meant. You do have a right to be concerned. Sometimes it is just doctor terminology that we do not understand as we aren't doctors.
Bookmark and Share

Offline candaceb816

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Semi solid Ovarian Cyst - Long Wait Over the Holidays
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2013, 12:51:29 PM »
Hi, I'm sorry that you are going through this! My mother in law went through something similar. She went to her gyno, who ended up finding a cyst and she waited for MONTHS before it started bothering her and then finally got it out. It was large. The size of a cantelope! However, it wasn't cancerous. Her situation sounds like yours so I think you will be fine. I would however call the doctor and have them explain the questions you have about your results, so you feel better.

I hope you have a wonderful holiday!
Bookmark and Share

Tags: