Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Here we go again  (Read 161 times)

Offline tomjohn

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Here we go again
« on: December 22, 2013, 10:34:50 PM »
Hi guys.

I have been dealing with anxiety over kidney issues since June this year. I have been by a nephrologist in July where I had 24h urine testing, ultrasound of kidneys, CBC and X-ray of my chest done. They found 0,3g of protein in my urine test and slightly elevated creatinine levels.
Besides the microproteinuria and slightly elevated creatinine levels, everything came back fine.
Since then I have been at the hospital twice. Once where they did an EDTA-Clearance (Due to creatinine levels in my blood are between 105-111. But I have been bodybuilding for four years, so I have a fair amount of muscle mass and that might be the reason for the elevated creatinine) and then another 24h and more bloodtests. The latest 24h urine test came back with 0,2g of protein.
The EDTA-Clearance came back fine (according to a nurse. The doctor didn't call, so I called and asked).

Now, my current problem is that over the last months I have been experiencing back/flank pain/aches on and off. Didn't think much of it at first, but then I decided to google..
It can be a sign of polycystic kidney disease. Now I am convinced that I have this.
It is mainly a hereditary disease, and neither my mom, dad or sister (seem) to have this.
But the signs are there: Back pain, mild proteinuria in urine(No blood was detected with urinestix in July though. Blood in urine is common with this disease).

Ultrasound is the main way of diagnosing this, but my ultrasound came back normal a month before the aches started. And I have read that even a normal ultrasound in people younger than 30 can't be completely reliable.
I am so stressed out over this :(
Bookmark and Share
Got to stay positive

Offline CrazyQuacker75

• Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Here we go again
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2013, 11:50:58 PM »
Where is the back pain is it near the Kidney's? Because last year I was having back pain's and thought it was my kidneys but I found out I wasn't having pain where my kidneys were and I was told that matters. It could also be dehydration. You say you have been bodybuilding so maybe you know, and could some stretches for your back? I've been bodybuilding for about a year and have been getting some lower back pain occasionally. Also Like you said PKD is mainly hereditary, I know this because one of my friends worries about it because his Mom has it.
Bookmark and Share
In the race against myself

Offline tomjohn

• Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2013, 12:34:36 AM »
I think its around my kidneys, but I am not sure. Its in my lower back and on my sides mainly. Sometimes I have aches a bit higher. It happens on both sides.
I am usually pretty calm if I get aches the day or day after I have worked out my back, but not when its several days later.
Dehydration doesn't lead to pain does it? I mean, unless its severe dehydration.
Bookmark and Share
Got to stay positive

Offline CrazyQuacker75

• Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2013, 02:17:13 AM »
When ever I'm dehydrated I get some minor aches and pain, and my urine is dark. I'm not sure if you have read this but this might be a helpful article.
http://www.living-with-back-pain.org/kidney-location.html
Sorry I can't really help I'm not an expert but when I went last year my pain was really low and the kidneys are about midway in your back which I didn't even know because I always though the kidneys were lower back.
I hope you get everything sorted out, good luck and have a nice evening  :action-smiley-065:
Bookmark and Share
In the race against myself

Tags: