Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Greetings  (Read 201 times)

Offline blaine138

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Greetings
« on: December 22, 2013, 08:17:12 PM »
Hi,   

My name is Blaine and I am a 31.   Around 4 or 5 months ago I started having panic attacks.   The first two I did not know what they were and it felt like I was having a heart attack so I went to the ER.
EKG's and numerous other tests all came back fine and the doctor said I was the picture of health and they did not what was wrong with me.   Two weeks ago while I was driving to visit my family for christmas I had another one.   When I arrived at my dads I told him about it and said it was a panic attack I had and he informed me that everyone in our family has suffered from them.  When I arrived back home I went to see my doctor and he prescribed me 10mg per day of Paxil.  After doing research on that drug it really scared me.   I hate the panic attacks but the side effects from Paxil sound just as bad as the attacks.   I found a natural drug online called AnxiClear and I ordered it.  Today was my first day taking it so I don't know if it is working or not.   Any info/tips you guys can give me will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Bookmark and Share

Offline Monty

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Greetings
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2013, 03:51:33 AM »
I Blaine! I'm also new here and suffering from panic attacks.  I don't know much about Paxil or AnxiClear but I do know what you mean about side effects worrying you.  I took Cipro for Epididymitis a couple months back and one of the many side effects was increased Anxiety....Thank you Dr. Doofus!  After that I now pay closer attention to possible side effects.  I'm on Lorazopam after my last big panic attack.  1mg twice a day.  Seems to keep me calm.  I asked multiple doctors about the side effects before taking and the only thing they told me was that it makes you tired if you aren't used to it.  I researched it online and there were some other things but the only things I've experienced are drowsiness and occasional dry mouth.  Been taking the stuff for about a month now.  Anyway, 2 mg sounds better than 10 IMO. Give it a try if you'd like.  Hit me back with any messages of Side Effects that I don't know about.  Also, exercise helps too.  Been running on the treadmill daily while taking the Lorazepam and I feel like I'm slowly getting rid of other anxiety related symptoms.  Good luck my friend.
Bookmark and Share

Online Cuchculan

• Rec's: 152
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2013, 05:48:43 AM »
Welcome to the forum. Good to have you as a member. Here you are with like minded people. People who understand. As we all suffer from something or other. So feel free to ask any questions. Our members are always willing to help others out. Good chatroom too. 3 posts to enter the room.

Find the correct section of the forum that suits your condition and create a new topic on it. This is just a welcome section. Never really get the same amount of help in this section as you would on the other sections of the forums. So whatever one suits the questions you are asking. Get much better answers.
All users of the chatroom must be 18 years old or over. The room is off limits to anybody under the age of 18.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline Anxietyfilled

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2013, 10:30:26 AM »
Hi Blaine,

Did these panic attacks just start happening out of nowhere?  Anything traumatic recently happen in your life?  I am wondering if you should talk to a psychologist to get to the root cause.  That is something that an ER doc won't spend time to assess.  I work in healthcare and know their routine.
Bookmark and Share

Offline blaine138

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2014, 08:50:23 PM »
Sorry for the LATE reply.  Actually yes something traumatic did happen.  My son had a febrile seizure and it really scared me bad.  Ever since it happened I have been really afraid  of it happening again.  I have been really overly protective with him.   I am willing to bet that is the cause of my panic attacks BUT I am not sure what to do about it. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline blaine138

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2014, 06:28:34 PM »
After not liking what my Doctor told me I decided that maybe my best move would be to see a Psychiatrist.   I went to see one last week and he said that he agreed with me and he thought that Paxil would be a wrong choice for the anxiety/panic attacts that I have been suffering from.   He said he believed that I needed someone to talk to about the things that have been keeping me stressed/worried and he prescribed 1mg of Clonazepam to take before bed or as soon as I start to have a panic attack.   I would still like to beat this without taking and drugs so I havent taken any of the pills yet.  I have only been a little anxious a few times since last week but for the most part I have been find.  Have any of you had any experience with this drug? 
Bookmark and Share

Offline Laura48310

• Mood: Depressed
    Depressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2014, 12:40:39 AM »
Hi Blaine, I tried Paxil for my panic attacks but it did not help. My doctor changed my medication to zoloft which really seemed to help with panic attacks. I know you said you don't want to take drugs but I thought id share with you my experience with changing to zoloft.
Bookmark and Share

Offline blaine138

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2014, 11:14:47 PM »
Hi Blaine, I tried Paxil for my panic attacks but it did not help. My doctor changed my medication to zoloft which really seemed to help with panic attacks. I know you said you don't want to take drugs but I thought id share with you my experience with changing to zoloft.

Hi Laura,  thanks for your reply.    I have had people tell me that zoloft really helped them too.  I am going to give it a week or so and if I can't beat this by myself I guess I will try the Clonazepam
Bookmark and Share

Tags:

anything