Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Please help... Eye troubles  (Read 207 times)

Online emily1994

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Please help... Eye troubles
« on: December 22, 2013, 06:41:05 PM »
Among other health problems that have been going on, my eyes have really been bothering me lately. For a few years I have had ocular migraines. I haven't had one since Halloween, but over the last few months I have been seeing random bright dots. Sometimes they're blue, green, yellow, etc. I noticed I would see halos around lights too. So I went to the eye doctor. My eye pressure was 20 in my left eye and 21 in my right, which is borderline high. She also said my eyes were very dry, but the nerves behind my eyes were not swollen. This was about a month ago. After the appointment I would get eye pain in my right eye and feel pressure sometimes, especially one night when I lied down. I went back to the eye doctor 16 days ago. This time my eye pressure was 22 in both eyes which is a point on the high side and she said my eyes were extremely dry but the nerves looked the same. She set me up for a dry eye evaluation on January 7th. Lately I've been noticing ghosting around things especially if it's white with a dark background. It's been getting worse and now the vision in my right eye is blurrier than my left. My left eye was always the worse one prescription wise so I'm worried I have optic neuritis caused by a brain tumor. I had an mri without contrast a month ago that was "normal" my question is do you think that maybe my right eye is just more dry and that is causing the blurred vision and weird feelings? I don't know if I should go back to get the nerves behind my eyes checked again because they were fine two weeks ago.  Eye drops don't seem to help the blurred vision. I'm terrified they missed something on the mri. Please help.
Bookmark and Share

Offline michelle360

• Rec's: 5
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Please help... Eye troubles
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2013, 09:31:02 PM »
Have you expressed your fears to your eye doctor? What tests did they run on you? Did your eye doctor order the mri without contrast?
Bookmark and Share

Online emily1994

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Please help... Eye troubles
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2013, 11:49:32 PM »
No my primary doctor did. And yeah I went back to the eye doctor today and it turns out there's a rough patch on my cornea and she thinks that's causing the blurriness. Also since my eyes are really dry she put me on Restasis
Bookmark and Share