Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Sinus Infection and Tumor Worries  (Read 209 times)

Offline ilvidus

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Sinus Infection and Tumor Worries
« on: December 22, 2013, 02:48:15 PM »
Hi everyone,

I read here whenever I get flare ups of my anxiety and just need to vent this out. I've been under a lot of stress the past month, and not sleeping too well, and in the last two weeks have gotten a lot of sinus headaches.

After I went to doctor for a checkup, they realized I had fever and an infection so I got medicine for that, and was hoping to get better. However, after I visited I started getting a dizzy feeling, just sort of off balance. And, when something on a screen would move unexpectedly, I've gotten a bit of vertigo here and there (world spins to the side briefly....or I can feel it wanting to). I'd had something like this hit me a few weeks ago driving for a half second, but I chalked it up to terrible sleepiness and low blood sugar from awful eating.

After I got on treatment, I just felt nothining draining and started doing some neti pot treatment (boiled water of course), and I've started to see some improvement. But, my left sinus under eye is so bad if I try to clear my ears with blowing with nose shut, I get pressure slowly click into there and when I"m done I hear and feel it slowly click out--in short it's awfully clogged.

Got online and brain tumor of the brain stem popped up as something with vertigo and balance issues, so that freaked me out. Dr Google of course always has a fatal diagnosis. Told my doctor about this second visit and she let me know I definitely didn't have at tumor, as this was normal for sinus infections (though I've never had it with one really I can remember...but this is an awful clogged feeling in head). She said if it was a tumor, I'd have terrible vertigo all the time, and even that would likely be a virus and not a tumor.

However, with anxiety that I have, my stress level is slowly rising a bit more as I"m getting end of semester grades in (I teach college) and I'm feeling myself start to freak out more. Normally the doctor's assurances calm me down, but we just moved here and I'm getting adjusted to my new doctor, and that may be part of it.

I seriously hate having hypochondria and feeling myself spiral into this type of thing. Thankfully for the past few months I've been anxious and obsessing about camera purchases instead of my health (I could tell that was my thing for a while) and now that I've got that worked out it's like my body/mind needed a new obsession to worry about, so when this popped up it jumped at the chance.

A lot of my mind says of course I don't have at tumor, and that I have no symptoms, etc. But that crazy anxiety portion of my brain jumps up and tells me that .000001% chance means that I could be the exception to the rule and that I'm the odd case, etc.

Just felt like I needed to share, perhaps seek assurance, and get vent at this point, as I absolutely feel miserable with this hanging around in the back of my head going into X-mas.

Ilvidus
Bookmark and Share

Offline mct425

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Sinus Infection and Tumor Worries
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2013, 02:02:24 PM »
Sounds like you have a sinus infection and need a good round of antibiotics :) 

I completely understand your tumor worries though as I'm having them myself.  I've convinced myself I have a sinus tumor (despite how rare they are and that I don't fit the typical profile for one).  I've had sinus pressure since October and now my teeth on one side are feeling achy/strange.  I've seen my GP twice who said it wasn't a tumor, but the antibiotics he gave me did nothing.  I've seen my ENT twice now, but the steroids he gave me didn't work.  Both doctors are adamant it isn't a tumor...but I'm going on Thursday for a CT scan on order from my ENT.  He said it's for my peace of mind (and probably to cover himself too!!!!).  I'm praying that the CT comes back clear, but just have a feeling that it won't.  Not fun to spend the holidays this way!!!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Overthinking extrovert

• Mood: Calm
    Calm
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Sinus Infection and Tumor Worries
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2013, 02:35:27 PM »
Got online and brain tumor of the brain stem popped up

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OaTO8_KNcuo

But check out this beauty:

http://www.webmd.com/brain/tc/labyrinthitis-topic-overview

And note this sentence:

It is often triggered by an upper respiratory infection

Therefore if bacterial sinusitis, then it could be labyrinthitis! Had that happen to me once. One whole side of my face hurt like a mofo and then my ear and even my neck and toward the shoulder. Horrors! But then I got some antibiotics and it went away.
Bookmark and Share
It is by my will alone I set my mind in motion

Tags: