Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: What is the trigger do you think? Horrible night last night  (Read 156 times)

Offline PinsNneedles

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
What is the trigger do you think? Horrible night last night
« on: December 22, 2013, 05:03:00 AM »
Last night was awful. Did my first run for 5 months, a very slow 3 miles. Felt heavy and my foot injury hurt but I got through it ok, afterwards I had a cpl of beers and a jacket potato and salad for dinner. Watched tv with H until 8.15 and then put him to bed. Still felt ok, nothing weird. Watched some tv with L and then went up to bed about 10.30, read for a while and then fell asleep reading. Woke up about 30 mins later and can hear H coughing and sniffing away in the other bedroom, start getting adrenaline surges. Hear a couple of wheezes through my breathing which clear with a cough. then chest hurts just a little, breathing becomes shallow and restricted, throat feels like someone is very gently squeezing it and slightly restricting airflow. Heart rate increases. I am really worried that the run has triggered something and my lungs are collapsing or heart is going to go bang! Things start spiralling out of control and I feel myself starting to panic and think that this is the end.

Thoughts such as spending a lot of time with H on my last day alive was nice but the fact that M is away overnight means she will come back to find dad gone and this is awful. I then try to get a grip, I log on to the anxiety forum and read the sticky which has all the symptoms on it and slowly but surely
things start to become a little better. The whole episode went on for a couple of hours and I think I finally drifted off to sleep about 1.30 am. But had a restless night as H joined me in bed with his cough.

This morning I am afraid to go out and do exercise in case it was a trigger but I am so heavy now I need to get going again.

There, felt the need to share for a couple of reasons:
1. Might give some hope/help to others with similar symptoms, I am alive this morning :-)
2. Hoping that someone reading this can relate and give me some perspective.

Thanks for reading.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 152
    • Poke This Member
Re: What is the trigger do you think? Horrible night last night
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2013, 06:32:39 AM »
You done good getting back out for a jog. But we have to accept that it will cause us a bit of pain to begin with. Like everything else we have to ease our way back to fitness again. You are clearing your lungs as well by jogging. So you are bound to feel a bit of tightness around the chest area. I would say it was all normal for a person who went out for a jog. Especially the first one in 5 months. Bound to be a bit of pain. Doesn't mean there is anything wrong with you at all. Just means the body is loosing up again. Inside and out. Just keep up the slow pace. It will be hard at first. Then suddenly you will feel no aches or pains at all as your body is back and used to jogging once more.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline PinsNneedles

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: What is the trigger do you think? Horrible night last night
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2013, 08:49:35 AM »
Thanks Cuchculan, it's hard to accept that a 3 mile pootle could be an is due when 5 months ago I was riding 100 miles and running half marathons. But I guess whatever has been wrong with my lungs since August is going to have to come out some how and as you rightly say exercise will trigger it.

So I guess the answer to my question is that I panicked over the weird feelings I had post run. Health related and probably compounded by the fact I am worrying about H and his current chesty cough.
Bookmark and Share