Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Still having a fear of blood poisoning?  (Read 118 times)

Offline Allie33

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Still having a fear of blood poisoning?
« on: December 22, 2013, 04:24:13 AM »
Ugh, this is the worst. I hate this anxiety so much.
I got a half dollar size tattoo on my foot a week ago and although I took proper aftercare like the parlor said, I'm still convinced I have blood poisoning.
Pretty much, I feel like I'm coming down with a cold or something. My nose is stuffy and my throat is right on the edge of getting sore. I get a weird tingly feeling in my jaw that starts in the back of my head (the head tingles have been going on for a while, but they are now into my jaw), and my body temp is 97.7. I'm also tired, but I know that is probably from my lack of sleep. (Sometimes my anxiety is so bad, I will do anything possible to stay up and not sleep. Last night I went to bed around 6 AM and woke up around 9 AM. Fell back asleep around 4:30 PM, woke up at 6 PM, and then fell asleep around 9 PM, waking up at 11PM again.) I took my blood pressure and my mom said it was okay. But it also took my pulse and at first it said 43 and then we took it again and it said 88. I've been constipated (TMI, I know!), but I'm taking Mild of Magnesia to help that. Some shortness of breath, but I'm worrying myself here, so could that be the reason?! There isn't anything else wrong, really. I mean, I'm alert, just really really worried!!

I'm gonna try to go to emergent care later today (since it's already 3 AM), but I'm still pretty freaked that I have sepsis and probably won't even be able to sleep.
I hate this health anxiety. :(

I'm trying to get into a therapist or something, but I have to wait till after the first of the year. And I can't see my regular doctor until the 30th. How can I keep myself calm from this?
Bookmark and Share

Online Cuchculan

• Rec's: 152
    • Poke This Member
Re: Still having a fear of blood poisoning?
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2013, 06:39:15 AM »
For some people the only way to really calm the mind down is to visit a doctor. Have a blood test done. I am sure there is nothing wrong with you. The mind is just racing with thoughts. We have a member by the name of Ninja Kitty. Look her up. She might be able to help you out. She has about 20 plus tats from one end of her body to the other. Nice person to talk to. Just explain your worst fears to her. She will know if anything is wrong with the tat you got done. You may see her name in the chat room or even visit anxiety zone Wire. There is a link in the top right hand corner of the screen. But look her up. She is covered in them. I am sure she could help you out.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Tags: