Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Anxiety Zone Wire    Games   Member Articles   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: My issue, brain fog.. Can't figure this out.  (Read 3711 times)

Offline Leo99

• Rec's: 5
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: My issue, brain fog.. Can't figure this out.
« Reply #75 on: February 22, 2014, 06:13:30 PM »
I agree with Ian. Good luck, Matt!
Bookmark and Share
From childhood's hour I have not been
As others were; I have not seen
As others saw; I could not bring
My passions from a common spring.
(E. A. Poe)

Offline azmattaz06

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #76 on: February 22, 2014, 11:52:06 PM »
unfortunately getting a hold of my doctor from where i get medication from isn't an easy process. i'm thinking about changing locations because the other doctor i spoke with seemed more knowledgeable. I'll handle the side effects, but the last time we spoke she told me to go up from 100MG to 150MG.. she's obviously not the best MD out there..
Bookmark and Share

Offline azmattaz06

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #77 on: February 23, 2014, 01:32:54 AM »
I'm starting to get really scared I feel horrible.. I keep thinking it's something else like it can't just be this ssri issue, idk what to do..

P.s. I haven't been able to log into chat for two days
Bookmark and Share

Offline insights

• Rec's: 87
  • Mood: Curious
    Curious
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #78 on: February 23, 2014, 01:47:07 AM »
I'm starting to get really scared I feel horrible.. I keep thinking it's something else like it can't just be this ssri issue, idk what to do.

This this start after you upped the dose? If so, it is likely to be extra med, plus probably some input from your mind. Just keep reminding yourself that while it is unpleasant this isn't actually causing you any harm. It should pass after a few hours. Take a benzodiazepine if you have any.

I suggest you wait until you can get some lower dose tablets before trying again, preferably 25mg tablets so you can up the dose in 12.5mg steps.

PS: Be sure to tell the doctor what you're doing, especially if taking other medication as the higher Luvox dose may affect them and require their dose to be adjusted.

Ian
Bookmark and Share
NOTE: I'm not a doctor, and particularly not yours, so there may be factors I'm unaware of. Therefore all advice is of a general nature and you should consult your doctor before following any of it, especially before changing med doses.

Offline azmattaz06

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #79 on: February 23, 2014, 02:23:16 AM »
It started friday the same day i started, not sure if it's that, I've taken two benzos today which i normally take only one. i'll talk to my doc for sure on Monday. To be honest my weekends lately have been this way, maybe it's because im not doing anything and on weekdays i play basketball.. IDK i'll keep pushing though, but i think on Monday im also going to look into getting my thyroid checked, never have and i have a lot of weird symptoms.
Bookmark and Share

Offline insights

Curious
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #80 on: February 23, 2014, 02:55:00 AM »
im also going to look into getting my thyroid checked, never have and i have a lot of weird symptoms. to look into getting my thyroid checked, never have and i have a lot of weird symptoms.

Good idea, if only for the peace of mind.

Ian
Bookmark and Share
NOTE: I'm not a doctor, and particularly not yours, so there may be factors I'm unaware of. Therefore all advice is of a general nature and you should consult your doctor before following any of it, especially before changing med doses.

Offline azmattaz06

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #81 on: February 25, 2014, 03:03:20 PM »
Well I'm on more of a "change my doc and figure something else out" kind of mood, do you think I should do that or stay on Luvox and give it more time? In your opinion
Bookmark and Share

Offline insights

Curious
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #82 on: February 25, 2014, 03:53:26 PM »
Well I'm on more of a "change my doc and figure something else out" kind of mood, do you think I should do that or stay on Luvox and give it more time? In your opinion

It's been a lot of hard work to get this far. It would be a pity to perhaps lose that when another few weeks at a higher dose may have Luvox working. I can't guarantee that it will work, but it isn't yet evident that it won't either.

Ian
Bookmark and Share

Offline azmattaz06

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #83 on: February 26, 2014, 04:34:45 AM »
I agree. I'm gonna stick with it, I'll talk to my doc about upping it with a lower dose than 50MG. Thanks
Bookmark and Share

Offline azmattaz06

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #84 on: March 16, 2014, 11:26:13 PM »
Well my doc hasn't given me a 20mg or anything other than the 50mg she wants me to up.. She even told me to up my Luvox to 150mg and if I want take it all at one time.. Aren't they a sort lived type medication? I'm confused. Than I had the flu this weekend and my anxiety and fog has gone through the roof.. I'm hoping it'll calm down but I'm really on edge right now :/ Ativan doesn't help very much
Bookmark and Share

Offline insights

Curious
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #85 on: March 17, 2014, 12:54:58 AM »
Well my doc hasn't given me a 20mg or anything other than the 50mg she wants me to up..

She wants you to go directly from 100mg to 150mg/day? If so, she may have a good reason for it. You need to ask.

She even told me to up my Luvox to 150mg and if I want take it all at one time.. Aren't they a sort lived type medication? I'm confused.

It is possible to take the immediate release Luvox only once per day, many doctors prefer it as multiple dosing tends to reduce compliance, but as it has a half-life is around 16 hours, taking it in two split doses may give a smoother ride.

Ian
Bookmark and Share

Offline azmattaz06

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #86 on: March 17, 2014, 10:38:20 PM »
I'll take the higher dose but idk I feel like this should be better.. My Ativan isn't helping I feel off balanced, something is wrong with me.
Bookmark and Share

Offline insights

Curious
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #87 on: March 18, 2014, 01:20:41 AM »
I'll take the higher dose but idk I feel like this should be better.

Everyone is different which is why the typical 100-300mg/day maintenance dose range is so wide.

My Ativan isn't helping I feel off balanced, something is wrong with me.

You need to stop focusing on what you're feeling and allowing your mind to ruminate. Go and do something that will take your mind off it if you can. When I went from 0-150mg of my first antidepressant in 5 days (yes, stupid, but I was nutz at the time :dazed:) I read about 10 paperbacks over and over again for the 3 weeks it took for my brain to return to planet Earth. Read is actually the wrong word, it was more focusing on one word at a time without a lot of comprehension. I still have the books, and still have no clue what they are about because I haven't looked at them since. But they got me through a very dark period.

Ian
Bookmark and Share

Offline azmattaz06

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #88 on: March 18, 2014, 01:23:43 AM »
I'm trying, I'll keep trying hard to focus on other things, I've been playing basketball but since the weekend I've lost interest in it.. My only issue is I keep thinking "6 months is too long to feel this way" idk I'm trying hard believe me.. I'll keep trying harder
Bookmark and Share

Offline azmattaz06

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #89 on: March 18, 2014, 11:26:33 PM »
How about with losing interest? It happens to me a lot lately, in basketball in conversations I just lose interest.. Can this be from depression?
Bookmark and Share

Tags: